Power Kite Forum

Vapor 3.8

mougl - 19-4-2012 at 06:08 PM

Got home from work and there was a FedEx box waiting for me! Didn't care that it was dark outside, tore it open, and laid the kite out to take a closer look. Having never seen a Vapor up close I was excited to say the least!

Maybe it's just me not knowing race kites, but the material seems very light weight compared to the kites I usually fly. The bridals are super thin, and the AR on this thing is insane. I've seen shoe strings with lower AR. Looking at the kite laid out it looks so much bigger than what it is but that's probably because it's so long from tip to tip because of the 5.3 flat AR.

Construction is top notch as I have come to expect from PL. The stitching is probably the best I have seen on any kite so far. Could not find a flaw anywhere. Hoping for some wind Tuesday so I can report on how it flies. If it flies half as well as how amazing it looks, this will be an amazing addition to my quiver!

BeamerBob - 19-4-2012 at 06:24 PM

If you want to see how efficient it is, fly it across the window in low winds and then make the kite do a 360 around you by trotting to keep line tension all the way around. You'll be amazed when you see how much power this "little" kite will make. Compare to a 5m intermediate kite.