Power Kite Forum

Graphics for custom kiteboard, need advice

Duh - 30-5-2012 at 03:08 AM

Hi guys,

I went through a lot of posts on this and other forums about the board graphics, and still is not clear to me what is the best way of printing on a board that is not PBT.

Due to the large surface of the print, rice paper is not in option. Personally, I think of silk which is screen-printed, but would still like to get confirmation from you.

Is PBT can be used on boards that are CNC 3D cut, or only on a flat surface?

PHREERIDER - 30-5-2012 at 05:49 AM

i watched couple decent vids with this topic and otherslike3years ago! . tint for resins , hand paint vac bag tables and similiar stuff but can;t the one with the sheeted graphics. which would be nice.

in the process of building a rocker vac/compression table

flyguy0101 - 30-5-2012 at 06:59 AM

Phree- heads up on the vacuum table- check with some old appliance repair shops and you can usually pick up a refrigarator compress cheap and it will give you all the vacuum you need- i use one on my lathe for vacuum chucking. also if you need any tints or flake let me know have a bunch from when i was laying up squirt boats
Scott

PHREERIDER - 30-5-2012 at 07:05 AM

gotcha scott, we got built in 2hp wet vac/ compress . thanks

PHREERIDER - 30-5-2012 at 07:50 AM

still looking for the vids of a wet hand lay up for graphics add in. some guys out of miami/south FLA. had a great vid with graphic add in top and bottom

with resin , infusion or hand lay vac bag stuff polymer or porous would work what ever prints easy and is stable in the resins. avoid opaque resins , 105 west is clear. adhesive print stuff is mostly opaque backing so doubtful if it matters.