Power Kite Forum

Pass the Century Soulfly (NORTH)

bigkid - 15-6-2012 at 05:09 AM

As the title says, I will be sending another Century to Canada.
Not sure of the size, thinking about a 5.5, with lines and handles. Got a couple names already.

macboy
RonH
Bladerunner
Pablo
Bigbear97e
hickupper

Any others ?

Bladerunner - 15-6-2012 at 06:18 AM

I will try and meet up wiyh Ron H whenit is here too give it a go !

Bigbear97e - 16-6-2012 at 08:03 AM

Don't forget me off your original list :saint:

RonH - 16-6-2012 at 11:32 AM

I'm sure that dirtslide, scudley & tdmc96 will have a go while the kite is here with me or bladerunner...

ron

Scudley - 16-6-2012 at 12:17 PM

The one SunsetJim was flying looked pretty nice, don't mind if I do. I hope we get some weather to try it in soon. This rain thing is starting to bite.
S

bigkid - 16-6-2012 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RonH
I'm sure that dirtslide, scudley & tdmc96 will have a go while the kite is here with me or bladerunner...

ron

I guess it will be ok for the other guys to try it out at the same time. But you are the one on the hook, lol most out you Canadians are OK, but there are a few.......:ninja:
Not a problem Ron, just givin you a bad time.

bigkid - 16-6-2012 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scudley
The one SunsetJim was flying looked pretty nice, don't mind if I do. I hope we get some weather to try it in soon. This rain thing is starting to bite.
S

We'll be at Grayland this next weekend, it always sunny there.:thumbup: The kites will be there also.:smilegrin:

buggeyed - 16-6-2012 at 03:42 PM

I'll be at Pacific Beach in two weeks.If your going to be there Jeff,I could deliver the kite to Ron to save shipping.

bigkid - 16-6-2012 at 07:10 PM

buggeyed, I will be there, at least that's the plan. As far as the kites, got a bunch coming for the TRs, will have to see what else is in the box of goodies.

RonH - 17-6-2012 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigkid
Quote:

ron

I guess it will be ok for the other guys to try it out at the same time. But you are the one on the hook, lol most out you Canadians are OK, but there are a few.......:ninja:
Not a problem Ron, just givin you a bad time.

I don't blame you... with this crew you can't really tell...

Joking aside. I trust these guys with my own gear all the time!

RonH - 17-6-2012 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buggeyed
I'll be at Pacific Beach in two weeks.If your going to be there Jeff,I could deliver the kite to Ron to save shipping.

I forgot about thr napka events... hmmm

May have to try to get there too.

bigkid - 25-6-2012 at 12:18 PM

OK Guys,
The kite has not arrived as I was hoping. So I will ask you if I send out my 5.5 with the race material, if you would be happy with that?
The weight of the kite is 20% lighter than the regular material, BUT NOT NEAR THE ABRASION RESISTANCE OF THE REGULAR MATERIAL. I would not take this kite to NABX, a few wing tips dragging on the playa or a few bounces upside down and the damage would be very noticeable.
This kite would be equivalent to a 6.0m plus of the other material.

Let me know guys.

RonH - 25-6-2012 at 02:06 PM

Fine with me...

That does mean we can't let K3 fly it if it can't be dragged across the ground much :o (just joking)

Ron

macboy - 25-6-2012 at 02:43 PM

Sounds like a plan to me. Would be good to see the new materials anyway.

bigkid - 25-6-2012 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Fine with me...

That does mean we can't let K3 fly it if it can't be dragged across the ground much :o (just joking)

Ron

OK, give me a bit.............................now it's a little funny. :smilegrin:

flew it this last weekend (I really like this kite-one of my favorites) and need to get it out and box it up.
The kite goes out in the morning.

macboy - 4-7-2012 at 03:32 PM

Kite has arrived safe and sound. Of course we've got 90 km/h wind warnings and drizzle, drizzle, drizzle. HOT weekend coming up. I'll see if the wind Gods let me play and then send it along.

Jeff - the list above all hammered down? Anyone in Alberta want a go before it heads to BigBear and then to the coast? Paul? Canuck?

bigkid - 4-7-2012 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by macboy
Jeff - the list above all hammered down? Anyone in Alberta want a go before it heads to BigBear and then to the coast? Paul? Canuck?

You guys work it out, if everyone is OK with any changes, I'm OK with it to.

Pablo - 28-7-2012 at 10:58 PM

So then... Has this kite already made it out to the BC coast?

bigkid - 28-7-2012 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pablo

Not yet. Talk to RonH and he can let you know.

BeamerBob - 29-7-2012 at 12:35 AM

Quote:

PABLO! Great to see you on the forum! A blast from the past to see you on here.

sunset-Jim - 29-7-2012 at 10:12 AM

PABLO!! :bigok: Good to hear from ya again

Pablo - 29-7-2012 at 10:26 AM

I blame Eli and Ken.....

Finally got life sorted. and I find myself sitting there under a tree on a sunny day with a nice breeze in my face... Enjoying the day..... thinking to myself......... This'd be great 5m weather. Going to be getting back into it. The daughter is finally old enough to be getting into buggying as well. We still have the old 1.4m and 2m buster I's but will be tracking down a full set of bits and such. So many things have changed. Time to figure out what's what and get a whole new quiver.

RonH - 30-7-2012 at 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigkid
Quote:

Not yet. Talk to RonH and he can let you know.

Don't know when we will see it... when it get's here, we can give it a good workout and hopefully a review. We must have at least 5 different 5 meter kites here!!!

Ron

bigkid - 5-9-2012 at 12:57 PM

Any one know where my baby is?:puzzled: I haven't heard anything in a while, things OK?

Bigbear97e - 5-9-2012 at 01:15 PM

Your baby is on it's way to me from Macboy. . In transit now

bigkid - 5-9-2012 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbear97e
Your baby is on it's way to me from Macboy. . In transit now

:thumbup:

macboy - 6-9-2012 at 08:46 AM

Yeah, and thanks for letting me keep it around so long. The opportunity finally offered itself and I got to shake it out. VERY nice. Even in our swirly / pockety park here it felt a lot more stable than I'd expected. My last Century experience was with the originals which are pretty raw machines. It seems almost like they took the gnarly bits from those originals and perhaps send them to the Combats and the result is a powerful but very user friendly piece of kit. Top quality and tribal-sexy. Definitely one to consider when in the market. They are at a great price point compared to the competition too.

(Thanks for digging up the thread - I'd looked a couple of times but couldn't find it to chime in with my thoughts.)

Scudley - 30-9-2012 at 08:17 AM

Any idea when this is going to make to Vancouver? Lake Goose Pooh will be forming soon. I am sure Jeff would rather see it dragged across the playa before it gets martinized in LGP.
S

bigkid - 30-9-2012 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, what he said. LGP is not my favorite, but not ad bad as pea#@%$#! poop.:(

Bigbear97e - 30-9-2012 at 10:12 PM

who is next on the list for soulfly North ... U2U me an addy and I will send it along on its journey

bigkid - 30-9-2012 at 11:52 PM

RonH is next in line. U2U sent.

RonH - 1-10-2012 at 05:52 PM

Just U2U'd my address

RonH - 15-10-2012 at 04:15 PM

So,

It has been 2 weeks now... My U2U is still unread

Bigbear97e, are you still around?

dirtslide - 15-10-2012 at 06:27 PM

i would like to give it a try

RonH - 15-10-2012 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dirtslide
i would like to give it a try

Me too... Jeff's kite might have a funky smell if we don't see it soon... You know what happens when the lake appears:ninja:

dirtslide - 6-11-2012 at 01:31 PM

where is that kite ?

RonH - 7-11-2012 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
where is that kite ?

MIA...

Jeff has another thread open that it is missing...

RonH - 29-11-2012 at 04:30 PM

Well...

I have the kite. Now all we need is for the weather to cooperate before Jeff wants her back!

Dirtslide, let me know if you guys are going out on a weekday and I;ll get you the kite.

Ron

Bladerunner - 29-11-2012 at 05:36 PM

Ron,

I'll be swinging by to grab the Aurora. Hopefully we can get out for a bit of air between rain storms ? Are you free Saturday?

RonH - 17-2-2013 at 01:22 PM

So...

After a winter of rain or no wind, I got in a session with Jeff's Century:smilegrin:

Low wind - 7 or 8 mph
XR+ at Garry Point

Nice smooth in the air, had to work the kite to get moving but when the wind did pick up a mph or 2, she wanted to go.

Very easy to fly. No strange quirks I noticed. I would put a Century II in the hands of a beginner and know they wouldn't have a problem learning on one.

While I haven't flown this kite in higher wind, I did fly a larger Century for a bit last year at SOBB. Same easy to fly properties.

Jeff, just say the word and this kite can go home but I would like a little more time to see if we can get a better weekend soon. I'm sure the others here are wanting a session too!

dirtslide - 17-2-2013 at 07:45 PM

call a guy if you are going out again ,I was thinking of getting out this weekend too.How wet and or goose poopy was the park Ron?

RonH - 17-2-2013 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
call a guy if you are going out again ,I was thinking of getting out this weekend too.How wet and or goose poopy was the park Ron?

The park isn't really wet... bit poppy but nothing on my face.

Looked at the trees moving this am and decided to go for a ride. I can sure tell that this was the first session since October. Sore arms are a good thing. Right?

Wind was gone by noon today :thumbdown:

Hopefully we can get out soon with a good wind day;-)

bigkid - 17-2-2013 at 11:31 PM

all the wind and good weather was at Sunset Beach all weekend.

Wont need the kite till NABX, after that it goes to the East Coast with me. You going to NABX? You could bring it with you and save the shipping.:lol:

RonH - 18-2-2013 at 08:35 PM

At least someone had good winds!!!

No nabx for me... guess it's not really on anyways. Just a gathering???

I'll ship it to you unless there happens to be a trip south soon.

Ron

bigkid - 18-2-2013 at 09:37 PM

Lots of talk about going on about it this year, besides I heard all the cool people are going to be at WW and Jibe.:rolleyes:

Keep the kite for a couple more weeks or so and then send it back.

Scudley - 19-2-2013 at 12:00 AM

Ron, any chance of keeping it at work during the week. That way, if we were to have a reasonable day mid week, Ken and I could pick it up.
S

RonH - 19-2-2013 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scudley
Ron, any chance of keeping it at work during the week. That way, if we were to have a reasonable day mid week, Ken and I could pick it up.
S

Sure...

Scudley - 19-2-2013 at 08:08 AM

This has to be the worlds slowest kite tour. From Seattle to N Alberta and back in eight months. You should have walked it over Jeff; would have been faster.
Maybe it will be dry enough to fly it here sometime before NABX.
S