Power Kite Forum

My first time flying my Ozone Octane 4m w/handles

lansuprt - 27-7-2012 at 12:59 PM

Today I had my first chance to take out my new Ozone Octane 4m kite with handles. I went to a park with a football field, near my house. Winds were about 7 to 12 mph. I was a little surprised a find that the lines were not pre-attach. Not a big deal however, as it was very easy to hook up the 4 lines. I got the kite up in the air pretty quick. It was awesome, at times I felt like I was almost laying back on the ground countering the pull. The Ozone Octane 4m kite was surprisingly easy to control. I had a lot of fun flying it for the first time and look forwarding to getting out with it again very soon. I will probably disconnection the lines from the kite and handles after flying each time, as this seems like the best way to pack everything up in the storage bag. The ground stake is very nice and the pouch is incorporated on the outside of the storage bag. A separate pouch for the stake might have been nice only because I want to use it with my other Ozone kite. I am so glad I got this kite, it is definitely my favorite one.

Ozone Octane 4m (4-line w/handles)
Ozone Ignition 2.5m (3-line w/bar)
Prism Snapshot 1.2m (2-line)
Prism Stowaway Delta (Single Line)

pokitetrash - 4-8-2012 at 02:54 PM

Thats cool! I love Ozones. Most kites don't come with lines pre attached. You might find that with a little practice, you'll be able to fold the kite up neatly leaving the handles and lines on and save alot of time at the field. How you wind the lines around the handles is the key to a good day: unpacking and up and flying in about 2 minutes. I know there are tutorials on You Tube that will show you some great packing and winding tips. You may already know this, so sorry if I assume you didn't, its just that I rarely come across anyone that unhooks lines each time.

lansuprt - 13-8-2012 at 01:04 PM

Thanks pokitetrash,

I will take your advise and check out some tutorials kite line winding and packing tips. Any time I can cut from setup and take down is more time I can be flying. I think I am becoming a wind junky.