Power Kite Forum

Conceptair . Tell me about them ?

Bladerunner - 29-10-2012 at 06:47 AM

It sounds like you folks out esat are getting some regular exposure to Coneptair .

I have always had great interest but little experience with the kites. I did own a Wave at one point but moved it on.

I'm interested in peoples opinion of the Smartkite and heard they have another Proto that made it to WBB?

These folks have been developing great kites quietly up north from the very begining. I'm happy to see the experience moving south and hope you folks are liking what you see?

doublespeed360 - 29-10-2012 at 07:17 AM

i tryed a smart kite last bash and love it a lot and now they have the smart 2 you don't have to do anything but steer the buggy,they make some nice [fb] kites too, the bull and chewing gum ,trainer.

Kober - 29-10-2012 at 11:01 AM

bull is not FB .... and is awesome .... still in development and Ben was making final adjustments there at WBB .....
Huge de-power ....and very high AP... and feels like flying with handles ....
I have chance to play with 3.6m ??? .... very nice feeling .... If you come to next WBB you probably will have chance to test final product .....
Smart .... whole Canadian crew was using those ... and looks like they all love it .....

P1010350.jpg - 63kB

crabnebula - 1-12-2012 at 04:35 PM

kite smart kites area great....

they have perhaps one of the best depowers in a foil Ive ever flown, perhaps too much,,

their new kite the BULL....is really really powerful...like the Manta III on steroids.

Benoit the designer is just simply a great guy and Ill def. be getting some for the IMCS snowkite program.

They are a great addition to truly understand how de-power kite (in foils) really work as the response in the bar from the kite is very quick!

If you can get one...get one!

Peace out

WELDNGOD - 2-12-2012 at 06:53 AM

I flew one of the little FBs they had at Wildwood. And it was a great handling kite. Like a Ferrari in the sky. I only flew it static so ,I have no idea how it will buggy.

Kober - 2-12-2012 at 09:03 AM

There is sort section in video below with me riding Concept Air Bull prototype at last WBB event

Feyd - 2-12-2012 at 03:56 PM

I've only had expirence with the Smart 2's. Never seen a kite want to fly so bad in my life. Great kites, super user friendly.

There's a few guys down in Sunapee that ride them. One guy down there I know named Baskett ride for Concept Air here in the states. He's raced them in the Quebec cup and at Kitestorm. Used the for the stormboarding speed ranking and did really well. Raced against him myself and I was suprised at the power the kite he was on produced and how fast it was.

Didin't look nearly as high AR as the new Bull does.

crabnebula - 5-12-2012 at 04:58 PM

Here is a good picture from when I had a few kites from Benoit, then drove up and hung out with him and his family for a few days....killer paragliding, kiting and climbing...my GOD Sagueney QC is SO awesome, I cant wait to go BACK!!

ANd I spoke to Benoit and his BULL is in final stages as well as the decision to do a freestyle comp this year and not the distance/ speed race....

djinnzfree - 23-12-2012 at 03:24 AM

Should get a look on their web sites Conceptair it's in french but could be translate by google translator.
Just hear very good words about this brand.