Power Kite Forum

Where are the Aurora reviews?

g00fba11 - 29-10-2012 at 11:34 AM

I know a bunch of you got together and ordered some Auroras.

Haven't they arrived yet? Or haven't you got a bar set they will fly on?

Looking and waiting with curiosity.

Cheddarhead - 29-10-2012 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by g00fba11
Looking and waiting with curiosity.

Me too, me too.....

Bladerunner - 29-10-2012 at 04:18 PM

Last word I got Pansh shipped them last week to Mac'. Not the 3 days to the door that my 1st Pansh showed up in? But we are getting costom colours so I will give them some slack.

g00fba11 - 29-10-2012 at 05:14 PM

Blade....we anxiously await pics and video of the maiden flights as well as your thoughts on the wing......

flyjump - 29-10-2012 at 05:37 PM

Cant wait to see custom colors

rtz - 29-10-2012 at 07:21 PM

Check here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PanshKites/

macboy - 29-10-2012 at 11:55 PM

No word.....sent Pansh another email but have not received response on any others. I have the shipment notification but the reference number doesn't bring up anything on the shipping site.......

So many good things about dealing with Pansh yet so many not so good things.....

mdpminc - 30-10-2012 at 05:41 AM

@macboy,
chinease shipments via DHL or EMS are now also being handled by Canada Post, so check the tracking number from the Pansh order on CP website

flyguy0101 - 30-10-2012 at 05:49 AM

the US kite order arrived yesterday- i have not had a chance to even take one out of the bag yet but will try to get a few pics tonight. All three were the same with black centers and green tips
Scott

g00fba11 - 30-10-2012 at 09:51 AM

You should be out testing those in the super winds you have out east.....LoL......

be safe..... can't wait to see your pics.....

bigkid - 30-10-2012 at 10:03 AM

Black/Green? Pictures please.
That might be as good a color choice as Black/Red.:smilegrin:

Might be worth the cost just to have custom colors, hmmmmmm

macboy - 30-10-2012 at 01:58 PM

ARRIVED! I'll get your addys and get them out to you. Pics coming.

Bladerunner - 30-10-2012 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigkid
Black/Green? Pictures please.
That might be as good a color choice as Black/Red.:smilegrin:

I have a strong feeling I will have a black and red one up for sale pretty soon? If by some strange reason this kite works as good as a Phycho IV 15m I will keep it but judging by the line plan that's not happening?

Smeagol - 30-10-2012 at 04:48 PM

Nice, can't wait to check it out. I haven't figured out a bar for it yet though, if anyone has any recommendations let me know. :lol:

Bladerunner - 30-10-2012 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeagol
Nice, can't wait to check it out. I haven't figured out a bar for it yet though, if anyone has any recommendations let me know. :lol:

I just took an old 4 line bar and added a 5th. I'm just starting out with and extra long 5th since I am not clear exactly how long it should be? The plan shows 5 extra meters ? Seems a lot? I have asked at info@pansh.com for spec's on the bar 3 times but never got a reply.

I have to expect almost any standard 5 line bar will work ? You may have to adjust the bar stopper and may need an extension on the 5th if you really do need 5 extra meters.

Somebody get one of these things in the air ! I don't want to be the 1st to complain! ;-)

Bladerunner - 29-11-2012 at 06:28 PM

Where are the reviews indeed ! :puzzled:

6 people have recieved this kite and yet I'm not seeing much feedback ?

I know who the 3 Canucks that got them are but am not even clear who has them down South. Flyguy and ???

Who got these and what do you feel about them ?

:bigok:

tdmc96 - 29-11-2012 at 08:33 PM

Ok....this is not a review as I am a FB guy but I did find a picture of Bladerunner and the maiden flight of his Aurora.

Cheers

Ken(K3)

flyguy0101 - 30-11-2012 at 07:33 AM

life has been getting in the way of my kiting so have not taken a kite out since my last post in the other thread. Hoping to get some tight line soon and will share any experience
Scott

Bladerunner - 30-11-2012 at 07:46 AM

Are the other 2 American owners wanting to remain unknown ? Or did you just buy a single kite ?

mdpminc - 30-11-2012 at 08:22 AM

Currently in-between, too cold to get out on the water and not cold enough to snowkite yet.
A couple of reviews were posted on the original thread
Hoping to get some more airtime soon.

flyguy0101 - 30-11-2012 at 09:56 AM

blade- no the other two just have not posted yet i am guessing they have not had a chance to fly it yet since both were curious about getting bars for them

Smeagol - 30-11-2012 at 11:43 AM

Mine's in the car still waiting to be tried out, weather hasn't really been cooperating lately. I have a bar for it now but still need to rig up the 5th line for it. Yes, I'm making excuses. ;)

I am not very experienced with depower yet though, so I'm probably not the best to offer any sort of constructive reviews as I haven't flown many others to compare it with.

I have yet to even open it up... sorry guys. :dunno: If anyone local wants to give it a go, hit me up.

-Mike

eqrall - 30-11-2012 at 03:47 PM

I'm also in same boat as Smeagol. Between work, school, and weather I haven't been able to find a good day to fly. Classes end in the next few weeks so should be able to fly then as long as the weather permits. I'll see if i can get some pictures at least to show the black green color.

Brett

Bladerunner - 30-11-2012 at 05:26 PM

All GOOD!

Just thought folks thinking about the 22m Christmas special would like to know how it's going.

I have only had the one attempt in sucker winds . Pick it up again this weekend and fingers crossed!

I am pretty certian that I proved to myself that a 50cm bar is too short for the 15m.

Video link

mdpminc - 1-12-2012 at 02:53 PM

Video of testing Aurora 15m
Subtitles are in russian, but you will get a gist of it.
Ground wind 2.8m/s (~6knts)
Nice recovery from the twist at 5:40

Another video here with comments (english this time)

Aurora on water 1
Water relaunching shown at 2:40

Aurora on water 2
Water relaunch at 1:20

xxxBUGGYPILOTXXX - 10-12-2012 at 01:08 PM

The water re-launch seems to take some time----:o big safety worry there :o
Seems like the kite would fill up & sink in heavy surf taking you down with it or turning into a un launchable foul mess.
Then again it's asking way to much for a PANSH to fly the same as a PL & just
not go into the water in the first place:lol:

mdpminc - 12-12-2012 at 09:15 AM

Aurora video in snow/ice conditions (some comments)

Feyd - 12-12-2012 at 05:32 PM

Is 8-16kph light wind?

I wonder how the 22m would fly. Not being super light fabric she must be a fat kid's kite more than a light weight machine. Still the AR looks sweet and i bet once you get it dialed in she's a ton o' fun.

stetson05 - 12-12-2012 at 06:48 PM

5-10mph I guess qualifies for light wind. I wouldn't have my 11m out yet unless on the beach or ice maybe too.

Bladerunner - 12-12-2012 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feyd
Is 8-16kph light wind?

I wonder how the 22m would fly. Not being super light fabric she must be a fat kid's kite more than a light weight machine. Still the AR looks sweet and i bet once you get it dialed in she's a ton o' fun.

8 - 16kph is only 5 to 11 or 12mph.

The fabric isn't ultra light but is less heavy than standard Flysurfer fabric ( I think ) . It has a slick finish like the AlaSCa and I find the AlaSCa flies early.

It definately begs for a huge bar ! It looks in the video like air retention isn't that great. I think I was finding that as well ?

mdpminc - 13-12-2012 at 05:57 PM

Aurora with a kite buggy in 4-5knts

Mentions shortening rear lines by 20-40cm.
Another comment was FS deluxe 12m would not even take-off (4:20).

Man.., can't wait to get mine out again.......

Bladerunner - 13-12-2012 at 06:13 PM

YES, John suspected that the rear lines may want shortened. Easy enough to try .

mdpminc - 2-1-2013 at 08:58 AM

here is a link to a forum dealing with Aurora, some comments and suggestions on bar and line set-ups
aurora forum

Bladerunner - 2-1-2013 at 06:29 PM

I saw that.

Interesting how the guy thinks the 5th line is integral to flying ? He seems to think it will help prevent the overfly nose tuck issue. It is a bit odd how the 5th only attaches at B,C,Z ?

I have had limited success wit the WAC installed on mine but think it may be the answer? I will wait until I have played with it more before I suggest it on that site.

I have a 70cm bar now ( thanks B'Bob ) and hope to have this kite sorted soon.