Power Kite Forum

BoardRiding Maui Cloud

Blake - 11-2-2013 at 06:22 AM

Hi guys

Just finished my first session with my 13m Cloud on the snow.....a wonderful experience!
Wind was less than 10knts for most of the day, snow was really fresh and deep for Southern Ontario due to the recent storm.....

Elmhirst's Resort on Rice Lake was the location, a few guys and one lady out kiting today.
Sunshine was fantastic, and it was a balmy -5c......

The Cloud performed flawlessly in all respects, light on the bar which I like, short depower stroke, more like on/off in about 6" of bar travel. Turns are unreal, very responsive but not twitchy at all.
Nose down relaunch was no problem, just rolled over and waited for my next bar input. Hot-launch from trailing edge down was very controllable, no issues at all. Felt verymuch like my OR Rises, but much livlier on the end of the lines if that makes sense to you?

Check them out at Boardriding maui.com

All in all a great kite, and Greg should be very proud of the design.

Kiting%20at%20Elmhirst%27s%20062[1].JPG - 35kB

Bladerunner - 11-2-2013 at 09:40 AM

Nice review on a very interesting kite .

herc - 19-2-2013 at 01:24 PM

those zero strut / single tube kites are an amazing concept !
i personally would like to see a "race" variant with much higher aspect ratio, a very thin front tube supported by a moderate amount of bridle lines.
that would be awesomeness.
lets see what happens in the future - there are rumors that even flysurfer is developing tubekites right now.

stetson05 - 19-2-2013 at 03:20 PM

I saw this video yesterday about the same kite.

bourgeois.jason - 19-2-2013 at 03:40 PM

Looks really cool.