Power Kite Forum

Buster Soulfly Pro

bigkid - 5-5-2013 at 09:10 PM

It has made land fall and it's time to share the news.
The Buster Soulfly Pro is only available here in the States for now. You can get them from Coastal Wind Sports and through me at this time.
The new Buster Soulfly Pro comes in 2.2m, 3.3m and 4.4m. The Buster Soulfly is still available in the 1.5m and 2.2m. The kite is now made of the same material as the Century and the bridle is also the same as the Century. A new kite bag that is rather fine looking and the kite is RTF. That means ready to fly. Not RTA, ready to assemble, or all the parts are there, or anything else for that matter.
Open the bag, pull out the handles and unwind the lines and shake the kite out and you are off
. Everything is put together. A kite killer and a ground stake complete the package.

The colors are a bit more vibrant and the kite performs better than before. Not that the Buster Soulfly was a dog, just that the Pro is better than ever.
I will take pictures at Jibe and post them asap. If you are around for a bit, stop by and give one a test drive. Or not.:cool:
Now for the cost. As said in other advertizements, the price is so low, we cant advertize it. Wait a minute, I can sell them for what ever I want.:lol: How about .99 cents each?:lol: Not in my life time. But not a bad Idea.

What do you think Angus? Should we give one away?

MDK - 5-5-2013 at 09:26 PM

Jeff, send me a set ASAP

Snake - 5-5-2013 at 09:29 PM

I'll take a few of each size at 99 cents. ;) More seriously though, I would love to try a fixed bridle other than my legend. I can't stand the constant luffing. It's enough to drive a person insane. If you decide to give one away, put my name on the list. I'd love to see what a real fixed bridle feels like. And then I would have a kite I could let my friends try.

bigkid - 5-5-2013 at 09:39 PM

MDK, u2u sent:D

3shot - 6-5-2013 at 04:00 AM

Can't wait to see the pics!
WELDNGOD said once I fly one, you and my checking account will become best friends. LOL
:evil:

BEC - 6-5-2013 at 04:15 AM

BigKid.....@ .99 cents I will take 100 of them....You haven't bought one of those counterfeit pens yet have you?

Love to see the graphics and I hope that all your other BigKid kite/equipment sales go well for you. You don't deserve that kind of treatment.

Enjoy JIBE :thumbup:

WELDNGOD - 6-5-2013 at 01:23 PM

I guess that means I got the first one... :P:P:P Jeff,I will be needing a 2.2 ,a 3.3 and another 1.5 as well. But not a rushdeal,as we are at the end of the season.....maybe.......

martinipro - 6-5-2013 at 02:20 PM

Is that 2.2 pro still purple?
This may be the perfect kite to replace Kristin's, which as some know got misplaced at WBB.
And would serve me as a high wind buggy engine!

3shot - 6-5-2013 at 03:14 PM

pics pics pics pics
:dunno:

MDK - 6-5-2013 at 03:34 PM

bigkid - 6-5-2013 at 04:37 PM

OK Mike, where did you get the pics? Never mind, looks like Shri Lanka in the back ground.
Yep those are it.

bigkid - 6-5-2013 at 04:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by martinipro  
Is that 2.2 pro still purple?
This may be the perfect kite to replace Kristin's, which as some know got misplaced at WBB.
And would serve me as a high wind buggy engine!

The 1.5 is the purple one, that one stayed the same. You can get the BS in 1.5m and 2.2m in the original material. The new Pro comes in only the 2.2m, 3.3m, and the 4.4m.

If anyone is interested in trying out a 3m kite of any type make or model, or compare the 2-3.3m busters, see me at Jibe tomorrow.

fletcht - 6-5-2013 at 04:51 PM

I'll see you tomorrow, sometime.

MDK - 6-5-2013 at 04:59 PM

Jeff, I think the 1.5 was green 2.2 purple 3.3 blue and 4.4 orange. the 2.2 I have is purple. I realize they have changed the colors around a little for the pros but wouldn't the 1.5 and 2.2 std buster remain the same or did they change those too. I kind of wish they left the 3.3 pro blue but oh well :)

3shot - 6-5-2013 at 05:17 PM

Thanks for the pix MDK!
Is there just one kite killer?

Like the give away idea Bigkid ;)
Sounds like good contest material, or bribery with Butterfinger Fudge from KHK :evil:
:thumbup:

acampbell - 6-5-2013 at 06:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bigkid  

Sure, maybe raffle one off with the proceeds to the Sea Turtle Center? I have tickets somewhere...

bigkid - 6-5-2013 at 06:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MDK  
Jeff, I think the 1.5 was green 2.2 purple 3.3 blue and 4.4 orange. the 2.2 I have is purple. I realize they have changed the colors around a little for the pros but wouldn't the 1.5 and 2.2 std buster remain the same or did they change those too. I kind of wish they left the 3.3 pro blue but oh well :)

I will not go look tonight, no I will not go look tonight, no I wont. I can wait till the morning.
This is going to drive me crazy untill I go look. I know the 3.3 Pro is green, or is it?
I will know for sure tomorrow.:puzzled:

yes, 1 KK, do you need more?

and the fudge is all gone.:evil: Fudge, the breakfast of Champions and granpa and grandkids. Only because DQ is closed until 11:00am.

bigkid - 6-5-2013 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by acampbell  

Sure, maybe raffle one off with the proceeds to the Sea Turtle Center? I have tickets somewhere...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds good.
$1.00 a ticket?

Turtlejon - 6-5-2013 at 06:19 PM

My 2.2 is purple, I just got it last week, wish I had had waited a bit longer!!
Would love to feel the difference!

WELDNGOD - 6-5-2013 at 06:21 PM

I know for a fact that only 1 of those pics are from shri lanka, the rest are from MY facebook page....:P

Here's one I didn't post yet.

DSCF2094pkf.jpg - 174kB

3shot - 6-5-2013 at 06:43 PM

yes, 1 KK, do you need more?

Sadly, I have come to rely on my trusty KKs because of choppy inland winds. I fly a semi big field, but when the wind blows from the wrong direction......:o
It's either deal with it, or go home. So, I cope (most of the time). I'm sure it's no big deal to secure an additional KK if need be.

Anyhoo....
Guys. As far as the (potential) raffle. If it was to become, any way for us non-JIBE fellers' to ante-up?? Paypal?? Just a thought. Prolly too much to keep up with being on the road with JIBE though.

Windy Heap - 6-5-2013 at 06:48 PM

perhaps I like the idea of the newer heavy duty fabric, and different line-set, but the exciting new graphics? no not so much so from the limited spy shots posted here. Meh.

Jeff, how about real performance specs like airfoil shape / aspect ratio? what are the new generation performance trim mods, or just different graphics and lines?

As has been their biz model, "you don't fly the bag".

I'm curious about the new price-point change if any..........but I'm more interesting in airfoil refinement.

WELDNGOD - 6-5-2013 at 06:51 PM

I did use the Kite killer and lines from thr BS Pro this wknd. I don't suggest using the red and blue leaders to the lines if buggying,they get in the way and get hung up on the footpegs. I had to take them off and just go to one side with the killer. Which is how I do anyway. I have video from Saturday showing this. When I'm done editing it ,I'll post it.

3shot - 6-5-2013 at 06:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by WELDNGOD  
I did use the Kite killer and lines from thr BS Pro this wknd. I don't suggest using the red and blue leaders to the lines if buggying,they get in the way and get hung up on the footpegs. I had to take them off and just go to one side with the killer. Which is how I do anyway. I have video from Saturday showing this. When I'm done editing it ,I'll post it.

Thanks Bro! I am here to be educated, and scoop up tips and tricks. :thumbup: Didn't know one KK and two leaders was an option. Does make sense though (embassased now I am). I will go to bed smarter this night :D

Turtlejon - 6-5-2013 at 06:58 PM

Is it a different line set? They look pretty similar....

WELDNGOD - 6-5-2013 at 07:16 PM

As soon as this rain gets outta here I'll fly the 4.4 pro. I was going to do that Saturday ,but it became a noreaster on us. I would like it to be a nice day,so it will look good in the pics. I will post up a review soon:thumbup:

MDK - 6-5-2013 at 08:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windy Heap  
perhaps I like the idea of the newer heavy duty fabric, and different line-set, but the exciting new graphics? no not so much so from the limited spy shots posted here. Meh.

Jeff, how about real performance specs like airfoil shape / aspect ratio? what are the new generation performance trim mods, or just different graphics and lines?

As has been their biz model, "you don't fly the bag".

I'm curious about the new price-point change if any..........but I'm more interesting in airfoil refinement.

New for the Pro series Buster:
1. fabric same as Century II (lighter for better performance)
2. Bridle same as Century II (less resistance better performance)
3. Brighter colors (2.2 blue, 3.3 green, 4.4 orange)

the line set and graphics appear to be the same as the standard Buster.
the standard Buster colors are 1.5 green, 2.2 purple, 3.3 blue, and 4.4 orange, unless they have recently changed. hope this clears things up :)

MDK - 6-5-2013 at 08:34 PM

standard Buster colors

MDK - 6-5-2013 at 08:48 PM

In my opinion I would be disappointed if they made any changes to the AR or the design of the foil. this kite performs as it should, fast and stable! I nearly kept pace with 9m Phantoms with the Standard 3.3 Buster and the standard line set. this kite took me to nearly 50 MPH! I think they made the right changes and I can't wait to see where the Pro series takes me....55? 60? now I probably will put one of my century line sets on it, but for RTF that is what you'll get.

WELDNGOD - 7-5-2013 at 01:08 PM

Mike ,the lineset that came with the 4.4,is a pretty heavy set. I doubt you would need to change them.

MDK - 7-5-2013 at 01:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by WELDNGOD  
Mike ,the lineset that came with the 4.4,is a pretty heavy set. I doubt you would need to change them.

yeah too heavy :)

Turtlejon - 7-5-2013 at 05:31 PM

I didn't really like the lines on my 2.2. Too stretchy, or something, and not slick enough. Way preferred my PL lines on that kite! Much more crisp and responsive feeling...

bigkid - 7-5-2013 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Turtlejon  
Too stretchy, or something,

?
Of all the kites I have sold, this is a first for me. I actually made up a few dozen line sets with that line material.
Maybe I should print the results of the line material test I did, I know that would rock the kite world and the line companies too.(maybe at a later date)

Turtlejon - 7-5-2013 at 08:16 PM

Maybe that's not what I'm feeling, I don't have tons of different lines to compare to. Sorry, i didn't mean to talk badly about them.
If I spun the kite several times, and then tried to spin the other way, there was a noticeable lag. With the other lines, it just responded quicker. It is still a joy to fly! I just assumed it was from stretch and friction.
Maybe it's just because I'm used to my old ones, and I just need to "learn" these more! I was reading a review, and that was the way they described it, so I figured that was what I was noticing.
I was talking about this in another thread, I hope I didn't mislead anyone because of my lack of knowledge.
I would be very curious about the differences in lines, my day job is basically tying knots in strings, and I find the whole world of cordage interesting....

MDK - 8-5-2013 at 10:40 AM

Jeff, are talking about the yellow line? I agree it is a good line, I still have it on the 3.3 Buster and it performed very well at 48 MPH. but it does seem heavier than the lines you sent for the Centuries and I assumed the Century line would be a little more high performance. I also want to clarify that the yellow line is indestructible and is the proper choice for a RTF kite. I was only thinking of switching to gain a little performance at speed is all. I haven't noticed any more or less bind in multiple twists but I try not to twist more than once or twice anyway. Jeff, looking forward to your line comparisons.

WELDNGOD - 9-5-2013 at 06:51 PM

Did a little flying today in Va Beach. Really like the Buster Soulfly PRO 4.4. I can't wait to ride my TRAMPA with it. I love to carve,and this kite will be perfect for what i like to do.

DSCF2109pkf.jpg - 172kB

3shot - 9-5-2013 at 07:03 PM

^ nice!! Can't wait to see that ride in person!

bigkid - 10-5-2013 at 12:47 AM

I have been a bit slow, rather slow, NO, down right to busy having a blast to catch up with posts.

I used the 3.3 to tour the beach from the water tower to the stores the other day. With the off shore, shifting all over the place, punchy as all heck, zero to way to much wind, I was pleasantly surprised at the kite. It was able to eat the gusts and stay under control. When the wind powered up so did the kite.
I had to work the kite at times and let the kite run a few times but after the run up and down the beach, I passed the kite to a few others and heard the same remarks. Only wish they would have kept the kite out of the water and whale slime. I can always hang the kites on the truck at the car wash after Jibe is over.:D

fletcht - 10-5-2013 at 07:46 PM

JIBE, I have flown the 3.3 and today the 4.4. Great fun kites, stable, good performance. I flew the 3.3 on Wed. When we had very unstable off shore switching to South winds. It was a blast. I had been flying my 6 m century most of the day and Jeff had he 3.3 set up. I was still able to buggy with it and had a ball. Could go anywhere I wanted to go. Not as fast as my 6m but much more stable. I no longer had to worry.
Flew the 4.4 today in good on shore with a hint of southerly. Had my 8 m up all day and went out and played with the 4.4. Again had a blast. These new pros are a delight. Fun and performance. Maybe Saturday I'll have an opportunity to see what they are like in winds that are normally suited for a 3 or 4 m. But when you can buggy in light winds and have so much fun with a small kite why wait.

bigkid - 11-5-2013 at 05:39 AM

Congratulations, the winner of the Buster here at Jibe last night needs to chime in and post his thoughts:thumbup:
And if anyone recorded the parking lot/sidewalk demonstration, PLEASE POST IT. It is a must see, wont forget that for a long time. still laughing.........