Power Kite Forum

First kitesurf kite

kitingalburghstyle - 26-10-2006 at 10:16 AM

hi..was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a kitesurf kite....beginner but done a course...up and riding by the end of it!! was thinking maybe a north toro 10m?! is there a good kite for around £300?(i know this is NOT much-comparitively) but dont want to empty my whole wallet! i am used to flying kites...hav flown bullets with my buggy and landbvoard for a few years now.. and tried mates kites etc
thanks
WILL

Wallrat - 4-11-2006 at 06:52 AM

For inflatables it really depends on the year of the kite. Some 02's were good like the Naish X2, but that's not for beginners. In 03 most kites were approaching decent. Pretty much anything 04 or newer is a good kite. You should be able to find an 04 in good condition for around $150US

imblowninsc - 29-11-2006 at 09:18 AM

I also am new to water. have flown some razors, bullets and more now i am on a 4.9 blade practicing on the beach. I have 2 lei's one 12m gaastra, one 19.5 co2. I believe that both kites are to big to learn on. I have been watching the guys @ scotts creek and they are all flying 7-10m kites the largest i have seen was an oldschool 11m. Does anyone recomend a good lei to learn with. I am 6'2" 200lbs and love lift.