Power Kite Forum

Sky Country OSCar and NaSCa video review

solaris - 30-11-2013 at 07:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVTjwbTHUuI#t=87

Bladerunner - 30-11-2013 at 11:23 PM

So nice to see you back online . We need to get together snowkiting again this winter !

Just so I and everybody else are clear. Both NaSCa and OSCar are closed cell ?

I had never seen Sean's go to safety before and it looks like a whole new approach judging by the video? 1:00 in . I wish they showed the bar during that release and reset.
How are they going about that? Does it depower completely even in strong winds? Is reset easy?

Big points to SkyCountry entering the closed cell market and yet not simply copying Flysurfer or HQ.

The little go I had at Sean's NaSCa left me impressed with the kite but confused by the bar / safety. Almost too much depower stroke ?????

I liked that this was a video promoting a kite that was more focused on the kites than the riders driving to the locations and close ups of them pulling off trick 1/2 of us can't do. :thumbup:

B-Roc - 1-12-2013 at 11:23 AM

I'd like to learn a little more about that safety. It didn't taco like a 5th line and it collapsed funny and almost seemed like it could twist. Perhaps its a top hat but that was not the best marketing piece for that feature if you're trying to sell safety.

Scudley - 1-12-2013 at 05:00 PM

So far I've not had problem with the NaSCa when I have pulled the release. It is only when shet happened so fast there wasn't time for me to pull the release that it has kicked my ass.
There is a nifty little arrangement that once the power lines are released, one of the brake lines is given enough slack to mean the kite is only held by one line.
I have to say I am really impressed with how light the bar pressure is on the NaSCa; when faeces finds the fan, you can still get the bar to your navel easily with just one hand.
Other than it has tried to kill me, I love this kite.
S

solaris - 1-12-2013 at 06:01 PM

Thanks Bladerunner. Yeah I miss kiting. Last winter Green lake stayed thawed most of the winter. This summer was busy with paragliding. Hopefully this year will kite and hang out with you guys way more! :)

Thanks Scudley for replying for me :)