Power Kite Forum

HQ Symphony Pro 2.5

riffclown - 29-9-2014 at 05:57 PM

I had the good fortune of flying a few sizes of the new HQ Symphony Pro line of kites between the Rogallo Kite Festival and the Outer Banks Stunt Kite Competition and was quite pleased.. HQ Kites has beefed up their construction over the older line and it seems to reinforce the stress points. Both are very good features in a kite novices can learn on without destroying. They also added a few sizes to broaden the appeal and I was most interested in the 2.5. (Keep in mind this is spot kitexsize and not square meters.) I was able to borrow one overnight and put it through the wringer at my evening flying field. The 2.5 Pro was nice and responsive and very quick. It has a great window range and flies side to side nearly 160 degrees before even hinting at stalling. On takeoff it flies to zenith quickly with only the slightest hint of hesitation as it gets airborne and then "catches its breath" and zips skyward. Once in flight it responds as well as any 2 line foil I've flown. The color design on this one was the Blue, Black, Yellow and Silver you see in the picture below. I think the new graphics are a nice step up from the Rainbow and Spectrum of before.

If you are looking for a 2 line trainer and the smaller kites just don't have enough excitement for you, look no further. This is a nice looking and well behaved sport foil that will not disappoint kids of any age.

SymPro2point5.jpg - 14kB

ssayre - 29-9-2014 at 06:06 PM

Good review riff, does this one lend itself to your conversion? I'm jealous of the kite festivals you have.

riffclown - 29-9-2014 at 06:34 PM

I wasn't going to say anything but because you asked.. It does indeed.. It flies quite well as a 4 line stunt foil..

As for the festivals, I enjoy the excuse to ride down and fly at OBX. (Jockey's Ridge in particular) I try not to miss anything within driving distance if I can.. It really is a almost like a family with the folks I've met there.. Experiences I wouldn't trade for anything.. It's great spending time John and crew of Kitty Hawk Kites as well as the opportunity to learn from folks like Chris Shultz & Jim Cosca. Terry Murray and the Kitebus crowd play great tunes and the wind usually cooperates. (The Wright Kite Festival had rain but was still worth the trip..)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152180015265248&s...

hiaguy - 29-9-2014 at 06:36 PM

Be afraid...
First it was an HQ Symphony 1.8
then a Rush Pro
followed by a Hornet
and another Hornet and a Core
then a bunch of others... :bigok:

It's gateway kite :lol:

(My name is Howard and I'm a kiteaholic.)

ssayre - 29-9-2014 at 06:38 PM

My gateway was a snapshot 2.5 or actually it was probably a quantum.

riffclown - 29-9-2014 at 06:44 PM

The Symphony was the kite that got me yanked into the sport as well.. AND I Fly it every chance I get.

I don't use gateways.. I stack up the kites and climb the fence.

3shot - 30-9-2014 at 04:05 AM

So you've already modded one riff?

riffclown - 30-9-2014 at 12:39 PM

Chris into let me mod the one I reviewed.

BeamerBob - 30-9-2014 at 12:49 PM

My first power kite as well. I got 2 friends to buy one after flying mine as well.

3shot - 30-9-2014 at 04:36 PM

The 1.8 Symphony was my gateway :D

Thunderstick - 8-10-2014 at 01:30 PM

I love the HQ Symphony line of kites. I bought a 1.8 about 6-8 years ago. I just recently purchased the new Symphony 2.2 Pro.....great colors, easy flying kite. I took my future son-in-law out to fly a dual line kite for the first time and he loved it. He was shopping on line for one of his own as soon as we got back home and a Symphony 1.3 Beach was delivered here yesterday. I'm anxious to try out the 1.3 myself!