Power Kite Forum

profoil 1.5

woodneers - 31-12-2006 at 05:58 PM

Just thought i would write a quick review on the profoil 1.5. First thoughts were wow this thing is fast! The wind was at a gusty 20mph and still it was a challenge! I used my flexi handles and lines, maybe that is why it turned so fast? All and all a great kite at a great price, a lot of fun to fly! Looking forward to getting a bit bigger one.

wind-dave - 1-1-2007 at 01:28 AM

I have a 4.5 that i finally had a chance to fly in decent wind this weekend. I really like the speed and stability of the kite. The shape as it flys reminds me of a propellar, it worked out good with my land board today, I was flying around at times a little over powered. I'm thinking about getting a smaller size for higher wind days. Just out of curiousity, are your line lengths for your flexi handles all equal? I had custom lines made and my upper lines ended up a little longer and I'm having a little trouble getting the handle angle dial in.

woodneers - 1-1-2007 at 04:38 PM

Yes my flexi lines are equal lengths. As far as i know that is how they are designed to fly!

wind-dave - 6-1-2007 at 09:00 PM

I cut the power lines down and now all are equal length. The kite flys like a dream, very stable and full of power. I even learned how to do a little jump with it today:cool: Ted D really put together a nice kite.:thumbup:

woodneers - 8-1-2007 at 07:14 PM

i tell you what I am used to flying bigger kites that turn slow! when i took out the 1.5 I was amazed how fast that thing flew. I mostly use it for teaching friends and family how to fly, before giving them the expensive kites! I want to get a bigger one for myself!

acampbell - 9-1-2007 at 04:30 AM

You'll like the larger Pro Foils. I was buggying the other day in 7-8 knots with my 5.5 and had a blast. I've flown every size and they are all as smooth and stable. You can still get them at wholesale prices.