Power Kite Forum

Peter Lynn Twister 7.7sqm

Samuel_j - 8-9-2007 at 12:44 PM

Well, after a long awaited next day delivery (3 days later) it arrived!!
Got back from college and there it was in the hallway, first impressions where good! Very well made backpack with the kite crammed in.
The kite is big! went down my local flying field opened it all out and set it up! Everything is included, kite killers are very comfy and the stake is bright orange so not to loose it.
instructions where a bit on the thin side but if youre buying this kite you should need them. (you should know what you're doing!)
First flight
It went straight to the zenith with a few sharp tugs a pull on the left and thats when the power hits you!! good 10ft skud to my board and off i went!! straight down the field til the wind died (winds were a sparrows fart of 2mph max)
first impressions are great but need to take it out in winds a bit stronger!

Its supposed to be a beginer-intermediate kite but i wouldn't recomend this size to a newbie!
Lift is awsome although it tended to overfly a bit, managed to get a few 4-5ft pendulum jumps with it!

I give it :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:and a half out of 5!
well worth the cash!

Samuel_j - 14-9-2007 at 02:10 PM

Second Test

Cant remember much,
got dropped from 10-15ft
forgot my helmet
woooops

Acro flirturtle - 29-9-2011 at 05:25 AM

Whats it like on the board
I am thinking about getting either the 5.6 or 7.7 for landboarding if a cheap d power doesnt pop up on the used market and this is my second option. can you recomend me one. I already have a 4,5 chep branded kite but i dont want to get the 7.7 and not be able to use it because of too high gusts or wind. And worried that the 5.6 is not going to be lifty anough for jumps with the board.

dandre - 29-9-2011 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel_j
Second Test

Cant remember much,

win.
This is why I advocate the 5.6, and full body armor.
The 5.6 is ALOT of kite acro, and worst case it has a high resale value.

I thank god every day I didn't go with my ego and buy the 7.7 first.

For sure I'd have broken limbs right now.