Power Kite Forum

control bar woes

Teaman - 10-9-2007 at 01:25 PM

Hello.
New to the forum so Hi to all of you.

I live in the Wirral UK, next to liverpool, very popular for kites and other wind based sports
recently got into traction kites and have taken up landboarding Yet to buy board as still getting used to kite)

I have a Radsail Pro III 7m

I'm interested in a single control bar buy Im not sure wich to get. Small budget as I wan't to get a board sooner or later.
The choices I have are limited as far as I'm aware.

NEW 2007 RADSAIL CROSSOVER CONTROL BAR SAFETY SYSTEM
Clicky

Invento HQ Safety Control Bar for power kites

Clicky

retro fit this kite safety control bar to any four line foil power kite. Available to two sizes 50cm for for 1.8m kitwes to 4m kites and 60cm for 5m to 8m kites.

Ozone Quad Line Control Bar for retro fit to 4 line power kites

ClickyQuote
A perfect retro fit control bar for all 4 line power kite and as fittied to the Ozone Samurai`s (65cm)

Features:
EVA foam grip
• Harness loop with safety quick release.
• Safety wrist leash (Kite Killer) attached to the rear brake lines.
• One Hand (one tug) Reverse Launch System for simple self-recovery and re-launching with ease.

all 3 under £50 just

any recomendations would be welcome. I'm drawn to the ozone to be honest

Any Ideas on a good board for me? roughly 16Stone, 95kg ? 6 foot 4

Pablo - 10-9-2007 at 01:34 PM

The Radsail one has the brake cross over kit already set up, it'll make your 7m kite turn nice and sharp while still giving you full relaunch and safety, the other two you'll find have limited turning speed BC they don't bring the brakes into the mix during turns.

Bladerunner - 10-9-2007 at 02:06 PM

YUP,
The radsail one will do the job. The second ( HQ )does not add any brake control and I think the 3rd is a depower strap.

Pablo has a schematic that you can use to do your own change-over on a used 4 line bar . All you need is a bit of extra line and 3 pulleys. Ask him if he'll send it or search past posts.

acampbell - 10-9-2007 at 02:40 PM

The HQ does indeed have a pulley at the center which serves to add brake as the geometry of the lines change in a turn.

But not as much as a cross-over, for sure.

And if you want the D-loop with quick-release for use with a harness hook, it's a few bucks extra.

[edit]
BTW, HQ is putting a cross-over bar on the Scout, the Beamer TSR replacement due out in early 08. So they will likely have that accessory available.

Bladerunner - 10-9-2007 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acampbell
The HQ does indeed have a pulley at the center which serves to add brake as the geometry of the lines change in a turn.

I'm sorry, I thought the pulley on the HQ just allowed for the brake lines to remain unefected by the changing length. It is definately better than setting up without the pulley. I tried that and the kite flew awfull.

Pablo - 10-9-2007 at 06:15 PM

Should have probably added, the HQ setup is basically the way I'd set up anything in the 5m and smaller range, simpler, less weight, and the small kites turn good already, the pulley on the brakes is a must as they have it, without the pulley you'll end up with really slack brakes or a poor handling kite.

So the HQ for 5m and smaller and the Radsail for the larger stuff that needs the brakes. That's what I'd do personally. Only posted the larger set up BC it was going on a 7m kite in the original question.

Teaman - 11-9-2007 at 04:27 AM

Thank you very much all of you and sorry as I've just noticed I posted in surf section.
Ill be popping on fleabay to pick up the radsail bar then :)_
I already have there harness.