Power Kite Forum

Harnesses

amatthews - 5-11-2007 at 05:27 PM

Hi Im just entering the world of depower kites and am wondering about what harness to get? I want something that I can use this winter on snow but also on water when the time comes. I've been thinging about getting the MAUI MAGIC BLAZER HARNESS. Does anyone have any reviews or comments on this and how it works on land and water. What ever you have to say about it or any other harness you suggest will be helpful.
Thanks

acampbell - 5-11-2007 at 05:59 PM

Consider maybe the Mystic Blazer Snowkite Waist Seat Harness.

The mesh lining helps wick sweat if you wear it under a snow suit, and it has a longer hook to stick out through the same. If worn outside the snow suit the mesh keeps the snow from caking.

On the water, if on a beach, the same mesh keeps the sand from caking and grinding on the skin.

Guys and gals on our beach really like the Mystic harnesses.

speleopower - 5-11-2007 at 07:05 PM

I"m a fan of the DaKine XT Seat windsurfing seat style harness. I've been using the same style since 1999. I've bought and then sold a fair number of other harnesses over the years but I find the XT seat fits me well.

You might have to try a few before you find one you really like. When you find "that" harness buy a couple just in case they stop making them.

Scott

amatthews - 10-11-2007 at 08:08 PM

Has anyone tried the new Ozone harness? How does the d-ring work?

centex_buggier - 11-11-2007 at 07:56 PM

I have a Dakine XT harness (which I like) and was thinking on getting a Dakine Fusion. Anyone use the Fusion? Is it as good as the XT?

GlideGuy - 12-11-2007 at 05:47 PM

Hey amatthews,

I've tried on one of the new AccessXC harnesses in the local Ozone dealers shop. It doesn't have a conventional spreader bar with a hook. You just put the chicken loop thru the D-ring. With my reach and body type I need to ad a quickdraw sling with carabiners to get the bar in the right position and powered. If you don't tricks that require passing the bar from hand to hand this harness is OK. I like it cuz it fits nice over bulky ski pants and under my jacket. I can pull the bottom zipper up on my ski jacket, do up the bottom snaps and thread the quickdraw out thru the space between the snaps. Us old farts like to stay warm.

edit http://www.appozone.com/showthread.php?t=1184