Power Kite Forum

New Flexi Handles

acampbell - 7-4-2008 at 01:01 PM

While looking at the new Flexifoil Blurr kite, Team Rider Will showed me the new Flexi Handles. I thought it worth mentioning here.

These will not break. They are plastic but solid, with a heavier solid feel. They have new hard rubber grips with an ergonomic thumb notch on top. They also have no pigtail for the strop, but instead have a pin inside that screws down through the top of the handle, through a notch in the handle that opens to the back. The strop loop is placed into the notch, and the pin screws down through the loop, keeping them mechanically captive to the handles.

Instead of foam padding around the top power leads, there is now vinyl tubing, which seems more robust and is still comfortable.

Pricing will be out in acouple of weeks and stock shold be available around April 18th.

WELDNGOD - 7-4-2008 at 06:10 PM

Thanks angus

WolfWolfee - 7-11-2008 at 06:53 PM

anyone got any, how much?

DAKITEZ - 7-11-2008 at 09:06 PM

They are bad ass $75 w/ kk

acampbell - 8-11-2008 at 02:58 AM

Actually Flexi has dropped the old hollow handles and is shipping only the ProLinks and at the same time dropped the price to $64.99 with KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s to make them more palatable.
Also Available w/out KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s. I have limited stock here and Flexi UK is sold out for a while.

BeamerBob - 8-11-2008 at 05:48 AM

These handles are as perfect as I can imagine handles being. In addition to all the features already mentioned, the handles have a keeper system for the stake loops so they aren't dangling around at the bottom of the handle. I never really was comfortable with what to do with my thumbs but with these handles, your thumbs just belong in that notch at the top. It is secure feeling and offers more control and feel than anything I've ever used.

indigo_wolf - 18-3-2009 at 12:36 PM

:shocked2: Great googly moogly. :o

Just received a set of these from Angus.

Pictures cannot do this product justice. Words cannot convey how "right" they feel. :thumbup:

In addition to all the nice details mentioned in reviews and product literture....

No squirreliness in the rubber armor coating on the upper section.

Nicely balanced heft (in addition to kiting, these could be easily be used to hunt small, slow moving game).

Flexifoil has already made these standard equipment on their upper tier kites. In a perfect world, they would allow upgrades to these (as they do to heavier linesets on some kites) right across the whole product line.

Flexifoil's 2009 price drop had trickled down to these as well as their kites... so my last excuse to not try these got kicked to the curb.

ATB,
Sam

acampbell - 18-3-2009 at 12:51 PM

And they now are "only" $53.00 with KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s.

Yeah if someone tried to mug you while flying with these, you could do some real damage with them

indigo_wolf - 18-3-2009 at 01:17 PM

>>And they now are "only" $53.00 with KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s.

Relatively mild sticker shock compared to the Ozone Carbon handles... maybe the unobtanium bar end inserts :wink2: make them worth it, but have never seen them in person.

Only a very few retailers seem to carry them. Hard to make the leap of faith sight unseen.

S'OK.... should be a happy camper with these for awhile :singing:

Thanks again, Angus.

ATB,
Sam

geojones - 18-3-2009 at 07:10 PM

got some of these a few wks ago from angus--great,comfortable handles--a little heavy at first,after 1 session i didnt notice anymore 53 bucks w kk what a deal, thx angus you da man:wee: