Power Kite Forum

U-Turn / Spleene Kite *coming soon*

ripsessionkites - 13-4-2008 at 12:36 PM

Villingen-Schwenningen. U-Turn GmbH and Spleene Watersports GmbH & Co. KG (Immenstaad/Germany) have agreed to a strategic partnership. The first product will be the completely new developed Tubekite named “Q” in the sizes 7, 9, 12 and 15.

U-Turn was first choice for Spleene, because U-Turn is working exactly like Spleene with many new ideas in construction and state of the art technology. The designer Ernst Strobl has a very experienced career in designing gliders and kites, since his products have won many titles all over the world. The philosophies of both companies are working perfectly together as the enthusiasm for technology, the focus on demands of our customers and an easy hierarchic structure are equal.

The kite will fit very well to the Spleene- boards as it will have an easy handling in spite of having a huge performance. The R&D-team is working hard to develop the kite. The prototypes are already flying really well and the fine tuning will finalize it. It will take its time and the new kite will definetely not going to launch before it is not conforming the high standards of performance and quality of U-Turn and Spleene as well. The same standard is with a new quickrelease and barsystem.

i'll report back if I can get my hands on one for demo in the USA.

leebrianh - 14-4-2008 at 11:33 AM

Do you when it will be released in US? I would love to demo one.

ripsessionkites - 14-4-2008 at 07:40 PM

i'm still waiting on some information from U-Turn. when i have more info I will post it here. we have also requested a demo for the USA/Canada.

stay tuned!

ripsessionkites - 4-8-2008 at 10:06 PM

updated information:

the kite is nearing its final stages ... the kite will be the Spleene Q Kite produced by U-Turn.

it will be sold through Spleene, and still waiting for the a proto demo to arrive here in USA/Canada.

stay tuned for "Pass The Spleene Q Kite"

nwsurfwakeskate - 4-8-2008 at 10:39 PM

count me in on that pass the spleene Q kite. I could give a detailed review on its performance with the spleene rip 34 ;)

DenisLaMenace - 5-8-2008 at 07:30 AM

me too me too !!

when the kite goes to East...

I can test using the RIP and DOOR :smilegrin:

domdino - 5-8-2008 at 07:32 AM

Me three, i'm very excited to see the direction a gliding company takes an inflatable kite :)
If ozone are anything to go by it should be great :tumble: