Power Kite Forum

Crazy Fly Rocky Chatwell, your opinion?

leebrianh - 5-5-2008 at 06:36 PM

I've been a big fan of Spleene boards - as a matter of fact that's the only board I've ever owned. Recntly, I had a chance to ride Crazy Fly Rocky Chatwell and I liked it. Unfortunately, it was only one session that lasted 30 min or so.

So, anybody has any experience with that board? Is it a good name brand like Spleene (best of the best)?

If you know that board well, what size would you recommend? I weigh 150lb and Spleene Rip34 (134x40) is my favorite board. I test drove Crazy Fly Rocky Chatwell 130x40 and somehow didn't feel like it's a smaller board. The owner said 125x39 would be right size for me but I am thinking I am only able to use it in high wind??? Like my Rip34, I am looking for all around size.

Any input, opnion, review would be appreciated. Thanks.

leebrianh - 6-5-2008 at 08:37 AM

nobody? I don't want to have to pay over $700 just to play with it...:(

domdino - 6-5-2008 at 09:20 AM

Crazyfly are awesome boards... i've only had a limited chance to try them myself unfortunately though and i'm desperately trying to find somewhere i can test loads of boards all at once because i'm in the market for a new one...

The bulldozer is an amazing board (crazyfly) also you should look into underground, new zealand boards that have fairly similar qualities to crazyfly but again i really wanna test all of these boards back to back - i really wanna find a board the right size and style for me and it's very difficult here!!

leebrianh - 6-5-2008 at 10:02 AM

thanks dom, Same here. I should have paid more attention on that board when I had a chance. At that time, I didn't intend to demo it but simply "borrowed" it because I had hard time with my new surf style board.

One day later, I started thinking "Hmm~ that was a good board, actually"

From my memory and a lot of research, I found it is very stiff, meaning good pop, and that was the main reason I really liked the board. On the other hand, that could mean tough on your legs in choppy water.

I might stick with my Spleene Rip34. Wish I could try it just one more time ...

action jackson - 6-5-2008 at 12:34 PM

You can check out my 145x49 at Wildwood.............aj

DenisLaMenace - 6-5-2008 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by action jackson
You can check out my 145x49 at Wildwood.............aj

that must be an awesome light wind board

is it the cruiser pro ?

i just browsed their site and they have an amazing variety of boards/size/shapes for everyone.

domdino - 6-5-2008 at 12:49 PM

Here's rocky himself in action: http://thegaba.com/kirk/gallery/La%20Ventana%20-%20More%20th...

leebrianh - 6-5-2008 at 01:01 PM

Thanks AJ but I am specifically looking for Rocky Chatwell model review. My Spleene Rip34 does the job and it does it really well. I guess I was shocked to find a board I like other than Spleene. I am supposed to meet the person again tonight to check it out in person. No riding but at least I will pay attention on it this time.

By the way, when are you coming to Wildwood beach?

action jackson - 6-5-2008 at 05:55 PM

I will be there for the kite fest in 2 weeks!.......aj

Taper123 - 6-5-2008 at 06:09 PM

Pssstt... ask AJ how he came across that board. Something about needing a stopper ball....