Power Kite Forum

Please help i have lost control

millzi20 - 14-5-2008 at 01:59 AM

HI
Im just starting out and have bought a naish aero 2 8m.
I went out in to a field to get the hang of it, i can control the kite in mid air but wen i try to practice turning the kite i just end up getting pulled along the ground (have a few cuts now) am i doing anything wrong?

BeamerBob - 14-5-2008 at 02:38 AM

How fast was the wind blowing? It IS an 8m kite.

millzi20 - 14-5-2008 at 03:40 AM

it was blowing enough that i could feel the resistance wen walking against the wind.

kitedemon - 14-5-2008 at 05:52 AM

Have you had any lesions? You should give some thought to getting them and I would likely say too much wind for an 8m kite get your self a 2 or 3m trainer and try that out for a while. How heavy are you?

DenisLaMenace - 14-5-2008 at 07:29 AM

If you are doing loops with the kite in the middle of the powerzone with an 8m, it is normal that you are getting dragged.

Try do the same with a 2 or 3 max, and start below 10mph winds.

Then gradually go out in higher winds.

An 8m is not really for static flying. It will be more used to get moving using a board on ground or water, on skis on snow.

Unless you use it on ground for kite jumping. But then looping the kite in the middle of powerzone in higher winds might become a bad decsision you have made.

Be careful

Bladerunner - 14-5-2008 at 08:26 AM

You don't sound like you have a problem other than not having a clue what you are to expect when flying.

How did you expect to get moving on a board without the power you felt when flying the kite into the " Power Zone " ?

Usually when taking proper lessons they don't put you on an 8m kite until you have learned how to fly and handle the power with a smaller SAFER kite ! EVEN THEN they take you out on water.

You NEED a lesson or at least to study up more before you fly so you have a clue what to expect and how to react.

Try www.kitesurfingschool to start.

Hopefully you will pop the bladder on that old 4 line C kite before it pops you :!:

P.S. I have the exact same kite in 16m if you want to speed the death wish up a bit ;-) Only $100 Double the size double the fun :duh:

Quote:
Originally posted by millzi20
HI
Im just starting out and have bought a naish aero 2 8m.
I went out in to a field to get the hang of it, i can control the kite in mid air but wen i try to practice turning the kite i just end up getting pulled along the ground (have a few cuts now) am i doing anything wrong?

PHREERIDER - 14-5-2008 at 09:38 AM

pulled along the ground....ah that's kinda what suppose to happen.
with a c-kite it's always FULL ON expect it. balance between you and the rig (static and dynamic) is the ONLY choice. ride, scudd, whatever.... fly it til you find the off switch(@the edge of the window).
brain bucket -check
pads -check
insurance -check
acceptance of any penalty -check
..you're good to go! grasshopper

me thinks a smaller kite might teach you more and remove the possibility of dismemberment.

peace