Power Kite Forum

Pansh Ace's are made for the beach

DAKITEZ - 3-7-2008 at 08:55 PM

Its been awhile since I have been at the beach and its been just as long since I have flown a ace. I don't usually fly them at home (inland) because they are just too punchy and tend to luff easily. I must say at the beach these kites are great.
I started with my crossfire II 5m and was quickly overpowered, so I pulled out the ace 3.5 it was just right. Today was the first time I could do a never ending scud. I kept wipping the kite through the power zone and I just kept on scudding. Normally I get to the edge of the window and my scud stops then back through the window and the scud resumes, not today :thumbup: Maybe the harness helped also because I had no fatigue so could just keep whipping it back and forth. I even got a few decent jumps in also.
The amazing part was the kite did not luff once or even a wing tip fold. These are the normal characteristics of the ace inland, but the few times I have flown these at the beach it has been just as good as today.
So for anyone of you thinking about a ace my 2 cents are I love it at the beach and leave it in the bag inland.
Fly safe ~ D

art_lessing - 4-7-2008 at 12:34 AM

I agree 100%...I flew the ace 5.0 in a park and it was very grumpy....but when I flew it at the beach it was definitely the best engine I had...I also flew it at the sod farm last weekend in very low but very constant wind and it did fine...I even got a couple of nice solid jumps from it....jumps at the 8.0 version did not give me....

DQ

Bladerunner - 4-7-2008 at 02:16 PM

The 1st thing I noticed when I bought my Ace was it's way of producing smooth power required for the " never ending scud " . :smilegrin:

Next thing I noticed was the tip catching in the bridle. :(

WELDNGOD - 4-7-2008 at 03:53 PM

yeah they are a little twitchy, maybe on the new pansh kites they will dial em in a little better.A noob could have a heck of a time

f0rgiv3n - 6-7-2008 at 08:55 PM

I fly my ace 5m on a elevated soccer field at a sports complex. it's quite open and the wind is still a little stop-go. I have only flown my ace now a handful of times but this weekend i had it out there in about 10-12mph and it was amazing. Very smooth pull, however, without a harness I was exhausted after only flying it thru the powerzone like 4 times!! haha! very smooth and floaty jumps though!(*cough* compared to my beamer *cough*)

furbowski - 6-7-2008 at 10:56 PM

gotta love those long scuds!

I did a couple of quarter-mile scuds with my Ace 5 in a rare side-shore breeze a couple weeks ago, a wonderful experience!

My wing-tips used to fold a lot, but after I extended and depowered the tip bridles they did that a lot less! My Blade tucks its tips into the bridle a lot more than the Ace. The pansh still bow-ties more than any of my other kites, though.

I must add that my Ace is much better for me than my Blade in wiggly and gusty winds, recovers much better after collapses (if I don't get the bow-tie!) as well, it's actually my preferred kite of the two for inland conditions, but it does require active flying to keep it away from the edges of the wind window.

newkiteman - 18-7-2008 at 09:01 AM

I have noticed with my pansh ace 5m that I have the wing-tips fold in sometimes too. The only thing I have found so far that has worked is adjusting my power lines for more power and it keeps it open. The down side to it for me is if it's a pretty windy day I sometimes have a hard time keeping it under control. Especially flying without a harness or kite killers. I do need to get a set of kite killers sometime.

DAKITEZ - 18-7-2008 at 09:33 AM

newkiteman where do you fly ? inland or the beach ?

Bladerunner - 18-7-2008 at 09:42 AM

Sounds like you are expecting this one kite to handle all winds. Don't we all wish that was the case?
A harness and killers are a GREAT idea ( because you are already using a helmet and pads :wink2:) )but they won't do much to extend your wind range.

Quote:
Originally posted by newkiteman
The down side to it for me is if it's a pretty windy day I sometimes have a hard time keeping it under control. Especially flying without a harness or kite killers. I do need to get a set of kite killers sometime.

newkiteman - 19-7-2008 at 02:39 AM

DAKITEZ right now I am flying in the desert do too my current deployment for the military. I have only flown my kite inland a few times. I did not really notice a difference because I am stationed in Kansas and get a constant wind most of the time there just like the desert without the ridiculous heat. Bladerunner I am not really sure what I am expecting I am still new at this and this is the only kite I own and I have only flown one other which was a OZONE HAKA 5m which I also flew in a desert enviornment. I know kite killers and harnesses don't extend my wind range it just makes me feel better about it. When I was flying my friends HAKA he has kite killers which I used and I watched him fly with a haress which looked pretty amazing to me. Like I said I am still learning and building up my experience and equipment little by little. Just got to have the money is all.