Power Kite Forum

Pansh race kite seen in CA

DAKITEZ - 15-8-2008 at 09:28 AM

We saw it for a minute then it was gone.

Was it a ufo?

pansh race.jpg - 112kB

BeamerBob - 15-8-2008 at 09:41 AM

Did you get to fly or buggy with it?

silvereaglekiter - 15-8-2008 at 09:45 AM

nice looking ufo :alien:

DAKITEZ - 15-8-2008 at 10:10 AM

We got it up for a few minutes. winds were light around 10mph. It seemed alittle lufty at the edge of the window, but then we a had a couple minutes of approx. 15 mph and it turned into a different kite. I was alot more stable and seemed to have the pull.

Give us a few more times on it in more wind conditions and we will have a review. keep in mind this is still the proto, so things may change in the final product. I will pass it around after we have more time on it.

f0rgiv3n - 15-8-2008 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
We got it up for a few minutes. winds were light around 10mph. It seemed alittle lufty at the edge of the window, but then we a had a couple minutes of approx. 15 mph and it turned into a different kite. I was alot more stable and seemed to have the pull.

Give us a few more times on it in more wind conditions and we will have a review. keep in mind this is still the proto, so things may change in the final product. I will pass it around after we have more time on it.

Wooo!!! :D i'm excited to hear your review on it. And.... Dibbs on the pass-the-kite! :thumbdown::smilegrin::thumbup:

SCREWYFITS - 15-8-2008 at 12:47 PM

Man are my eyes blood shot today after looking at that thing in the sun yesterday...:D:frog:

lunchbox - 15-8-2008 at 02:09 PM

Quote:

Dibbs on the pass-the-kite!

Oh man, forgive beat me to it! Can I be second?

Never really thought about buying a pansh but I would be very interested in flying this one. Can't wait to read your review.

Can you post retail prices or is that against forum rules?

Also, maybe some more pics of it in flight and the inlets...

harddrive8 - 15-8-2008 at 02:11 PM

I'd like to be a part of the pass the Pansh kite as well. Looks like it would be hard to miss in the sky.

SCREWYFITS - 15-8-2008 at 06:32 PM

I don't think prices are available yet...
Soon as we get it out again we'll get more photos and a good review... I can tell you it seems that it's going to be positive, based on the time flown already... probably lil criticisms here and there... I did notice it seems to have a narrow wind range (not a bad thing), but I'm under the impression that most race kites do...

revpaul - 16-8-2008 at 08:47 PM

Put me on the list please... wait, what size is that thing? My brother would definitely like to see it as well. he now has 4 Pansh kites.
Paul

SCREWYFITS - 17-8-2008 at 12:15 PM

its a 5m from what we understand...

revpaul - 17-8-2008 at 08:04 PM

5m is cool...:tumble:

Pansh Sprint

andya - 18-8-2008 at 04:54 AM

The flo Limited Edition Racekite now has a name ... PANSH SPRINT.

Congratulations to "sonic dan" whos name was chosen in a competition and public vote over on Panshforum. He wins a "Pansh Sprint", one of the Limited Edition Racekites ...

Also congratulations to Doug Blane whos name Pursuit came so close ... he wins the new Pansh Ace 4.5, in the new Black with red edge colours.

Sharpy won the new Ace 3m in Yellow with Black for third with "Rapide"

kiteboyza - 19-8-2008 at 01:40 PM

I have been part of this testing crew and have seen how this kite has grown. Its a nice bit of kit for very little money and this seems to scare some of the larger companies. I have been one of the main test pilots and can tell you that this kite is pretty fast. It holds its own against Centuries, Razors and Yaks. unfortunately when I ran against the new Combats I was in a less racier buggy to compare. This kite has takem me over the 50mph mark and it still had some more to give with a touch of trimming and tuning. Dont knock it till you try it:singing:

Bladerunner - 19-8-2008 at 03:54 PM

Good to see that Pansh is supporting a team !!!!

Say what you want , this is a company that is trying very hard to get it right ! Not just pumping out cheap product but trying to improve and fit in !

I'm not there biggest fan but they keep winning me over :thumbup:

It's not all that long ago that HQ was getting all the " cheap kite is a lousy kite " press. Look at how far they have come :thumbup::thumbup:

SCREWYFITS - 19-8-2008 at 10:13 PM

Very well put Bladerunner, I agree whole heartedly...

Lately seeing some of the business practices of the larger companies, Pansh has a fantablious customer service and they seem to always have their whole lineup in stock...

kiteboyza - 19-8-2008 at 11:30 PM

how many other companies have the pass the kite system......just goes to show how hard they are trying

DAKITEZ - 19-8-2008 at 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kiteboyza
how many other companies have the pass the kite system......just goes to show how hard they are trying

Very true ... but not very many people on this forum get to enjoy them, since most members are US based. I hope to help with this even if its on my dime.

kiteboyza - 19-8-2008 at 11:45 PM

kiteboyza - 19-8-2008 at 11:46 PM

kiteboyza - 19-8-2008 at 11:49 PM

andya - 20-8-2008 at 02:56 AM

Hi Dino ... on PF we have several Pass the Pansh Sprints (previously know as "racekite w5-5") in transit. One (or possibly two) will be destined for "Americas".

We've a 4m Ace PtP working its way round Canada at the moment too.

PS - Nice sigie KB - shouldn't it read "Pansh Race Team - Euro Captain..."?

DAKITEZ - 20-8-2008 at 03:15 AM

Thank you andya for setting me straight.
I think these folks would love to give the sprint a try ... I planned to pass my proto around, but it is going to be awhile before I'm done with it, especially with the limited time I have had in the buggy lately.

SCREWYFITS - 20-8-2008 at 04:44 AM

Quote:

Andya...
Are you implying that there will be teams outside the UK, like maybe America...:D:thumbup:

kiteboyza - 20-8-2008 at 05:18 AM

one step at a time matey:piggy:

Pansh sponsorship announcement

andya - 24-8-2008 at 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SCREWYFITS
Quote:

Andya...
Are you implying that there will be teams outside the UK, like maybe America...:D:thumbup:

The Pansh sponsorship announcement is out... congratulations to Paul and Deiter ... richly deserved!

WELDNGOD - 24-8-2008 at 07:15 AM

How about Pansh just put the damn kite out already! I'm tired of hearin about it! I just want to buy the damn thing! :mad:

Pass the Pansh Sprint

andya - 24-8-2008 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WELDNGOD
How about Pansh just put the damn kite out already! I'm tired of hearin about it! I just want to buy the damn thing! :mad:

You can try it out if you like.

There is a Pass the Pansh Sprint heading off to Guy in Canada right now, and no queue behind him yet ....

WELDNGOD - 25-8-2008 at 06:54 AM

I'm waitin for the purchase the pansh program. If I get my mitts on it you might , have ta send somebody to "BAD NEWS, VA " ta get it back!:lol: I can see em now runnin' behind me screamin " you stop ! :karate: you stop now! " "We send team of 9 year old gymnasts after you!!" :lol::lol::lol:

andya - 26-8-2008 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WELDNGOD
I'm waitin for the purchase the pansh program. If I get my mitts on it you might , have ta send somebody to "BAD NEWS, VA " ta get it back!:lol: I can see em now runnin' behind me screamin " you stop ! :karate: you stop now! " "We send team of 9 year old gymnasts after you!!" :lol::lol::lol:

PMSL ... not really the way "Pass the ..." is supposed to work. :lol: DaVinch must have shivers down his spine at the thought ....

<team of team of 9 year old gymnasts on standby ...>

PS - Dino, how you getting on with the Pansh W5-4?

DAKITEZ - 26-8-2008 at 08:51 AM

Quote:

waiting for some wind to try again. It has been hot and windless around here.

kiteboyza - 26-8-2008 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
Quote:

waiting for some wind to try again. It has been hot and windless around here.

I must send you the settings for it, worked a treat for my proto

kiteboyza - 26-8-2008 at 10:20 AM

try this and let me know how you get on

I hope this makes sense
All adjustments on the power only, legs A & C. When you adjust A it works on C auto
In the pics I refer to wingtip, centre and inner. This is working my way back from the wingtip to the centre to the inner.

Step 1 = remove those silly pressik loops on the first setting point and then follow the adjustments on my pictures. They do hold steady so dont worry to much. Once your happy you can mark it and make an extra knot.

In the pictures the kite is always to the left.

A to the first knot

A&C in the middle of first and second knot

A =20mm
C = 45mm

This setting works fine on my W5-4. It seems to take away the worst of the ''I'll rip your arms off to start'' but creates some fine speed upwind and downwind. I let Freeman fly it set like this while I chased on the factory set W5-5 and he left me for dead. Me in a Cameleon on bigfoots and him on a Winddragon Xc on barrows. Being the more expierenced pilot I should have whipped him but I could not catch him.

Next test was against Boz. I gave him the W5-5 and I used the W5-4. He was on a Tornado with bigfoots and weights etc. I pulled away from him upwind and downwind. We swapped and it was me fighting to catch.

The w5-4 now has the same feel as a Yak to me. Nice and soft when you set off and then generates lots of speed whereas the W5-5 has lots of raw power but doesnt quiet get the speed. Will need a dry day no to check how it compares when both are set the same.

I hope my ramblings have not bored you as yet!

Cheers
D

Pansh Sprint Photos

andya - 27-8-2008 at 09:38 AM

Lots more photos of the Pansh Sprint out there now, as well as several Pass the Sprints sent off round the Globe.

Some nice bright photos from the weekend: