Power Kite Forum

PL Synergy 10m

powerzone - 1-12-2008 at 06:10 PM

this is sort of a quick review... somewhat speechless still. gotta get some pics to go along with this ....

typical quality and attention to detail as expected from PL craftsmanship. the bag is also a little work of art.

typical perfect stability: we're still getting the hang of Twinskin-relaunch techniques as opposed to bridled foils, but this is getting easier every time we try. the thing is, these kites are very hard to crash... you almost have to try to get em to come down... the best thing you can do is just LET GO and let the kite correct itself.

not much else to say other than: ' this kite is friggin' cool. '

leebrianh - 1-12-2008 at 07:19 PM

What size Flysurfer kite would you compare it to, pulling power wise? Close to 6M or 8M?

leebrianh - 1-12-2008 at 07:23 PM

oops, I just found the answer in your different post:

"a 10m ARC is about the same power/projected area/feel as a 6-7m dynamic bridle foil."

carltb - 2-12-2008 at 07:51 AM

synergy's rock!!!!!!!!!

action jackson - 2-12-2008 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carltb
synergy's rock!!!!!!!!!
Its all in the zippers!...........aj:wee:

nwsurfwakeskate - 2-12-2008 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by action jackson
Quote:
Originally posted by carltb
synergy's rock!!!!!!!!!
Its all in the zippers!...........aj:wee:

what do the zippers do?

PHREERIDER - 2-12-2008 at 01:06 PM

zippers are your ticket to ride! that was a cool carny ride "the zipper"

fill inlet and dumpgate(just made that up, i like saying dumpgate)

powerzone - 2-12-2008 at 01:11 PM

yes the zipper itself does nothing other than inflate, deflate, ... but its INside the zipper that does all the cool things...

the VPC straps are inside the zippers... to tune the kite as well as personalize the feel and performance / conditions adjusting.

PHREERIDER - 2-12-2008 at 01:22 PM

last weekend down looped my V16 into the surf break shallows and ruptured three full cell walls

i flew for about 15 min but the tumor swelling was slowing the kite down on the left side

it needs repair... but duct and and hour later...... never know it, i have know idea how long i'm sure the web strap pulls will open the cell to some degree

clean dry and backed on all seams

powerzone ....if it lacks good time endurance you'll get it vacuum packed

mean while V13 just got a permanent ride on the 35m line set

leebrianh - 2-12-2008 at 01:26 PM

Now, with all these postings, I want Synergy. You guys are not helping my kite addiction. You guys are the worst friends ever :P

powerzone - 2-12-2008 at 01:30 PM

well, we don't endorse the use of Duct Tape EVER.... it might last awhile, but if you want it repaired let me know. probably afew hrs for a multiple cell wall repair...

just promise me you wont put Duct tape on the SKINS !

powerzone - 2-12-2008 at 01:34 PM

we may be launching a trade-in program to pro-rate kites back to you as a means to help ease the pain of purchase or justification points for your female counterpart !

typically ARC sizes differ by about 4m or so in projected area

PHREERIDER - 2-12-2008 at 01:36 PM

like on the outside .... i like tattered,seasoned look

powerzone - 2-12-2008 at 01:46 PM

dont you dare put any more of that crap on the kite!

PHREERIDER - 2-12-2008 at 01:57 PM

no objection to the oak stick back up ..couldn't resist

live oaks are hurricane tolerant... they belong in a kite

SecondWind - 2-12-2008 at 04:14 PM

Same here - I want to try an Arc out next :thumbup:

Quote:
Originally posted by leebrianh
Now, with all these postings, I want Synergy. You guys are not helping my kite addiction. You guys are the worst friends ever :P

tridude - 13-1-2009 at 01:47 PM

John,

any new performance updates to share?

mgatc - 13-1-2009 at 07:00 PM

For everyone that's wishing they had one of these kites, check Ebay listing 200298006279 for a 10meter, 2008 Synergy. Current bid is at $750 with $20 shipping from Alaska. Advertised as like new with bars and line.

furbowski - 13-1-2009 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by powerzone
well, we don't endorse the use of Duct Tape EVER.... it might last awhile, but if you want it repaired let me know. probably afew hrs for a multiple cell wall repair...

just promise me you wont put Duct tape on the SKINS !

hey, I just picked up some dacron sailtape today, got 3 feet of 2 inch wide from a sailmaker for some small repairs, all it cost me was a toonie (CDN $2) for the coffee fund...

would that work in this case? semi-permanent? or pretty good? or the same class as duct tape?

domdino - 13-1-2009 at 09:24 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want to pay $750 :D

Quote:
Originally posted by mgatc
For everyone that's wishing they had one of these kites, check Ebay listing 200298006279 for a 10meter, 2008 Synergy. Current bid is at $750 with $20 shipping from Alaska. Advertised as like new with bars and line.