Power Kite Forum

Anti skunk tool

tridude - 19-1-2009 at 07:15 PM

3 mph winds at best, flags at the fair grounds were gimpy or limp..................no doubt the best low wind sail Ive flown.....
responsive to brake input on turns, still turned on her tips, minimal if any tip tucking, still bedding in......awesome machine!
Thats right, I can fly bridles and handles too!:tumble:The only bad thing today was Mgtac was in Chaz but couldnt make it..................

nwsurfwakeskate - 19-1-2009 at 07:32 PM

yeah those quadrifoils are pretty amazing in the light wind. the XXXL that I used to have was still amazing even after powerzone built a mixer for it.

I think its because they are so light mainly and of course the fact that they are such a flat profile probably really helps too.

PHREERIDER - 19-1-2009 at 07:47 PM

quadrifoil beast!

BeamerBob - 20-1-2009 at 04:38 AM

I haven't given this girl a spin on the dance floor yet. Maybe we can pull off the Aiken meet up soon. Watching for wind.

KYTE SLINGER - 20-1-2009 at 06:32 AM

Yup!:thumbup: .... quadrifoils X's are #1 in the hall of fame in my book .....over or under powered I just love the way the power band felt throughout the wind window.....

lunchbox - 20-1-2009 at 08:31 AM

I've heard so many great things about the quads here...I would love to fly one sometime to see what all the talk is about...

Why did they stop selling them????

speleopower - 20-1-2009 at 06:31 PM

Probably stopped making them when LEI kites really hit the market. I saw them at the surf expo in Orlando in 1999 and their booth was getting very very little attention compared to the blimp booths.

Competion X kites are the best kites I have ever flown.
Sorry, you can't fly mine :spin: To valuable to me now!

Scott

mgatc - 20-1-2009 at 07:12 PM

Scott, U2U sent.

mgatc - 20-1-2009 at 07:19 PM

Don,

Sorry again we couldn't make the session. That wind would not have floated our Neo's so we opted for baby back ribs instead.
We'll be back.

Mel

PHREERIDER - 20-1-2009 at 09:58 PM

DON check your U2U

KYTE SLINGER - 21-1-2009 at 07:56 AM

Active people use to import the quadrifoils , they at one point in time were the distributors for Peter Lynn products as well

From what I understood
they invested a good amount of the company finances in games..... like board games ..... that didn't take to well on the market on top of trying to get a handle with custom during the import process and taken crap from retailers in getting the orders fill..... so it kind of collapsed but I 'm sure there's more to it ...but that's how it was explained to me when I use to be sponsored by active people/ quadrifoil...

tridude - 22-1-2009 at 06:28 AM

thanks for the background KS..........neither the XX/XXXL had been flown when I purchased them. The bridles were in french braid configurations, and krispy as a fresh can of Charlies Chips..........
They still need bedding in but performance is def enhanced with the use of the power rings. Same same with the Mac Para Begos and I like break input/required kites. I assume break input is the correct option, seems to be working well..................

speleopower - 22-1-2009 at 05:00 PM

KS, I'm now sort of remembering the Active People folks having lots of "toys" around when I saw them. Like YoYo type stuff and the like.

Wish someone would bring back the Competition X kites for sure!

Scott

SecondWind - 23-1-2009 at 03:33 AM

Nice score Tridude - are they they Kitesurfer version or open celled?

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
thanks for the background KS..........neither the XX/XXXL had been flown when I purchased them. The bridles were in french braid configurations, and krispy as a fresh can of Charlies Chips..........

tridude - 23-1-2009 at 06:13 AM

water/closed cell.........................