Power Kite Forum

Freestyle Boarders??

MadKiteBoy - 2-2-2009 at 05:16 PM

I hope this will find ppl that ride their atb's with a kite and do some park freestyle stuff
for the freestyle guys, do u use the same bindings or do u have a ?heel strap? to keep from coming out?

BeamerBob - 2-2-2009 at 05:34 PM

Not my area, but I've watched lots of videos and much of what they are doing in freestyle involves taking the board off the feet. I personally would want to do tricks not involving board offs but that is a significant portion of potential tricks.

MadKiteBoy - 2-2-2009 at 07:00 PM

right... i have been watchin a lot as well and jus tryin to figure out what kind of binding set up they are using.... hijacking my own thread.... how have your winds been lately?

PHREERIDER - 2-2-2009 at 07:29 PM

the wind is coming tues and wed

i don't think heel straps are a good direction. when first learning easy out is what you want. esp when your timing is still developing
hopping in and out with out thinking and right back into the sweet spot of the board/straps...lots of small foot reflexes will allow you to hold the board without worrying about it . just takes ride time

heels straps are a comfort if it is very rough/slippery in the beginning but you will want to drop them at some point

how about a skate board with bindings and heel straps? i don't think so.

you want the foot strap snug but you can still curl your toes

strap needs to on the top of the foot

macboy - 3-2-2009 at 10:40 PM

I think it was more along the lines of sliding your foot in and cranking it against the poles to hold onto the board.

BeamerBob - 4-2-2009 at 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MadKiteBoy
right... i have been watchin a lot as well and jus tryin to figure out what kind of binding set up they are using.... hijacking my own thread.... how have your winds been lately?

Winds today were about 15 with higher gusts but that was due to a cold front coming in. Not typical. back on topic.

MadKiteBoy - 4-2-2009 at 05:53 AM

haha wish i still had the sod farm i would go do some snowkiting today

carltb - 4-2-2009 at 07:10 AM

heal straps are totally unnecessary. if you have your binding set up right then you wont fall out of them. stand on the board with your toes pointed out, tighten your binding, rotate your toes inwards to lock into place.
the other thing to consider is good griptape and the kind of footware you use. trainers with a good tread always work well.

USA_Eli_A - 4-2-2009 at 10:39 AM

i second that....