Power Kite Forum

Beamer IV 3m

Sandman - 17-3-2009 at 08:00 PM

My Beamer IV 3m came in today. :singing: :wee:

Pulled it out of the box and hooked up the lines and all just to get a look at her. Winds were way to light to try and fly her today to get a real good idea of performance, but I will give a better review when I get better winds. :mad:

Out of the bag the first thing I noticed was the beautiful yellow and white colors of the wing. :thumbup:

Next thing I noticed was that HQ has changed their kite killers again. :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Straightened out the lines and hooked them up. This is when I noticed the Brightly colored and stitched bridle lines on the kite. :thumbup:

After getting everything setup I decided to take a closer look at the wing and noticed the dirt outs on the wing tips. Pulled them open to find that HQ has added a little piece of ripstop to the dirt outs like flexifoil does on their kites that pulls out to keep them open. :thumbup:

I will get some pics taken and put them up for you guys to check out as soon as I can.

:singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:wee: :wee: :wee: :wee: :wee: :wee: :wee: :wee: :wee:

Sandman - 17-3-2009 at 09:58 PM

These are not the bungee cord type KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s, and they do not have the metal clasp holding them together. Everything is sown together on these.

SecondWind - 18-3-2009 at 03:17 AM

Getting new kites in rocks :thumbup: Enjoy!

mgatc - 18-3-2009 at 04:11 AM

Congratulations! I'd like to have a go with this kite at the next SOFKA meet up.:thumbup:

Sandman - 22-3-2009 at 05:29 PM

Had a light breeze around 5-8 mph and was up and down today. Pulled this bad boy out to give it a try. The kite came off the ground with ease and went straight to the zenith. There is a small noticeable increase in power in these light winds. The kite fly's very well with a nice smooth power all the way through the wind window. The Beamer IV 3m is very well behaved as all the Beamers that I have flown. I have not had a chance to try this bad boy out in the buggy yet due to lack of good winds. I also have not tried out the new KS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s either except for wearing them, haven't ditched the kite with them yet to see how they hold up.

All in all I am very pleased with the Beamer IV. Now I just need to save up the money to get the 5m. :)