Power Kite Forum

Liquid Force Proof 151 w/Comp Strap kit

macboy - 26-3-2009 at 05:08 PM

A foot of snow outside and four feet of ice on all the water around here BUT the board came in today am I'm super excited.

No instructions though......can someone help me figure out how to install the strap kit (and where/what angle etc)? Which part of the footpad is the heel side and which is the toe side?

Thanks in advance (as always). There seems to be way too many screws provided......

macboy - 2-4-2009 at 10:35 AM

Wow. I'm concerned that I'm really thick here and the lack of reply is because if I can't figure it out I maybe shouldn't hit the water....

No words of wisdom?

BeamerBob - 2-4-2009 at 10:49 AM

maybe we could help sort it out with some pictures. A bunch of thick guys together might figure things out.

ragden - 2-4-2009 at 11:01 AM

For a minute there I thought you were talking about a snowboard, but this is a water kite-board. I know nothing. Pictures would help those in the know though. :)

manitoulinkiter1 - 2-4-2009 at 01:37 PM

Hey man

Not 100 % about that specific board but the heal side of the foot pads should be a little thicker and maybe wider than the toe side.
After that you have to figure out how wide you want them for your own comfort. I would take the fins off the board and stand on it on carpet and experiment a bit with width and the angle your feet will be at until you think it will be comfortable for you.
Pictures would definetly help as there are tons of different bindings

macboy - 2-4-2009 at 02:57 PM

Thanks all. I'll grab some pics tonight and post them.

tridude - 2-4-2009 at 03:16 PM

yep, fins off, place on carpet, feet together in the middle of the board, jump up as high as you can and where your feet land place your pads and straps......................thats what the locals told me to do and it worked.......................:lol::lol::duh::duh:

Pics

macboy - 2-4-2009 at 10:34 PM

Okay, here goes. Hopefully these pics post and I can clearly explain them. The first should show the full set as received. Now, if you look at the right hand side you'll see a set of four little plastic wedgie things with screws and two discs with shorter screws. The strappy bits in the middle are the heel straps which I don't plan on installing but if it's logical and someone knows maybe you can let me know how they fit into the puzzle if and when I decide to use them (I figure I might as well ask while I'm here).

I figured out the Left & Right foot pads and the foot straps were kindly labeled for me. The question is how I am to attach them and if what I figure is correct, why do I have extra bits (I'm either lucky or they always send extras).

Here's the pics - see below for my 2¢

So here's what threw me:
- The straps came shipped with wedgy bits and screws already inserted into the straps (circled)
- The grab handle came with the discs and screws in the same separate bag
- Another smaller bag contained the four extra screws and wedges and discs and short screws for the grab handle

So, if I ignore what I think are extra screws I'd just screw the straps right through the slots on the foot pads and into the board. Easy as pie. So, what's the deal with the extras? Do the heel straps screw down to the board on their own screws hence the extras?

Confused - I just don't wanna have it all put together wrong and try to learn to rip it up on a gimped board.

manitoulinkiter1 - 3-4-2009 at 01:20 PM

Hey again man

It sounds like you have the footpads and straps figured out right, as well as the grab handle.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I looked at my boards and the four things you call wedges in the second picture might and I stress might go on the top of your board over your fins. Meaning you put your bolt through them, then through your board on the top then screw the fin on the bottom. My boards have a similiar piece to keep the bolt from scratching the top of your board.
I can,t tell from the pictures if you have your fins on or not, so thats just a guess but that may also be what the four extra bolts are for. They look a lot like fin bolts.

Thats just a guess so I hope I'm not way out in left feild.

Hope that helped John.

nwsurfwakeskate - 3-4-2009 at 01:38 PM

use the plastic caps with the foot straps. those are to keep the bolts from ripping through the straps. if you decide you don't want to use them then just make sure you put some stainless washers on the bolts as a minimum.

Your heelstraps would go on the same set of bolts as the regular straps. I don't think it matters if you go under or over the main strap. see whatever seems to work best and go with that.

My guess is you have a few extra bolts just in case you strip a couple.

there are 3 sets of slots on each side of the foot pads. you can use any combination of those for making the best fit for your specific foot. you can also use those slots to adjust duck and toe/heel side offset.

an additional note is you may want to ride a slightly wider stance then the jump test showed you. a lot of newer boards are now coming with wide stance inserts since its usually a little easier to land when you have a wide stance.

hope that all helps!

btw let me know how you like the comp straps. I hear those are great for people with bigger feet or thick booties. I'm an 11.5 and with my 5mm booties on I tend to max out the straps on my spleene. I may consider a set of the comps down the road if they really are big improvement.

Get out and ride!

nwsurfwakeskate - 3-4-2009 at 01:44 PM

btw that LF proof looks sweet!

I like the Red boarder :thumbup:

macboy - 4-4-2009 at 09:22 PM

Hey - thanks for the help with this - I got it solved and have some finished pics. At the end of the day I was supplied with a complete extra set of screws and spacers. Installation was:
- Screw through footstrap
- then through foot pad
- then into the board

Angle roughly 10-15 degrees, spacing one notch wider than the jump test indicated.