Power Kite Forum

Learning Curve Part 2

Chefmini - 11-4-2009 at 07:00 AM

The journey started last year around April when I stumbled upon this forum. After seeing a bunch of youtube power kite videos I was getting hooked.
1st: the Beamer 3 4m. Great intro into powerkiting. Spent the summer on the beach getting skills .
2nd: take 1st land lesson... Jupiter, Fl. 7m SS Rev, then 9m. Starting to feel the power!!!
3rd: purchase gear...12m Switchblade, SS 146 misfit, Dakine Fusion Seat harness( 210lbs!!), helmet, impact vest.
4th: winter comes and better winds: second lesson... Ft Lauderdale body dragging lessons. very crowded beach, light surf...wind was light...it was frustrating. Need to head to the flats.
5th: January, after a huge cold front head to Key West for weekend of lessons. Boat out to flats...continue with kite control, body dragging and into board starts. Making progress. Next week head down to Biscayne Bay for more lessons. Board Starts, some small runs back and forth. Feeeling the stoke!!!!
Continue with another set of lessons...then let loose on the flats. Making some nice downwind runs... still a little tough getting upwind.
6th: You need to be certified IKO level 3 to ride at Biscayne. Finished my lessons last week...got certified!!! IM HOOKED!!!!:wee:
7th: Thanks again to everyone on this forum...alot of knowledge to be had.
8: Continue the Stoke!!!