Power Kite Forum

The kitehouse and KiteCod/Airsupport

NHT Kitesurfer - 21-4-2009 at 06:18 PM

I did a search and found a couple of people on here that have taken lesson at the Kitehouse in Key west FL. They have other locations as well, would anyone else care to sound off? I am hoping to get down there later this year. This weekend I am taking lessons in West Dennis, MA below is a link to the info. for both.

http://www.kitecod.com/default_main.html

http://thekitehouse.com/

Chefmini - 22-4-2009 at 11:19 AM

NH, I did a weekend lesson down at the Kitehouse in Key West. It was an awesome experience. 20 ft. Carolina Skiff loaded up with Kites, wetsuits, and 5-6 kiters. a 12 mile shot out to the flats....anchor up and the entire area with no waves, people, or any other distractions.
It was a great place for me to work on my first water starts. Nothing but flats for miles. Wind direction does not matter.
Also, a great bunch of instructors.
Plus, the end of your session you are hanging out in Key West....Nice Mahi sandwich, cold beer, best sunset hangout ever!!!:singing:

NHT Kitesurfer - 22-4-2009 at 06:27 PM

Chefmini, thanks for the info.

I am going to try to get to the kitehouse this Nov. or Dec.

I am taking lessons at Kite Cod this weekend, and will be in Ft. Lauderdale the first week of May for water lessons.

Where do you tend to kite in the Ft. Lauderdale area?

beachrights - 22-4-2009 at 07:06 PM

Let us know how the lessons go at Kite Cod. I was looking at them too!

Chefmini - 23-4-2009 at 09:05 AM

NH, If you plan on taking lessons I would suggest going down to Key Biscayne in Miami. That is where I finished my lessons. Instructors are great and you are on the flats. The conditions are great and will boost your learning curve.
If you are riding in Fort Lauderdale, a good laid back area is called Dania Beach. They have a good crew of riders there. Let me know when you are in town and I can show you the area.
Mike

NHT Kitesurfer - 26-4-2009 at 06:19 PM

Update, I highly recommend Kite Cod. The lesson was great it was 6 full hours of semi-private and private instruction. I met 4 of the trainers and worked with 3 of them during the day. They were great at the training aspect, highly knowledgeable, and great guys/gals as well. I am looking forward to taking more lessons from them. The have a great location in West Dennis too.