Power Kite Forum

10m Gin Eskimo III

SecondWind - 23-4-2009 at 03:12 AM

After reading the specs and getting some feedback from other kiters, I thought it was time to try out the new 10m Gin Eskimo III.

Gin, well known for its paragliders, also produces a snow kite lineup.

http://snow.ginkites.com/products.html

Here is the user manual:
http://www.ginkites.com/downloads/ESKIMO_III_manual_english....

The Eskimo III is very well made and the attention to detail is quite evident as you look over the sail and bar setup.

The bag is also best I have seen so far!

I have been using the 10m Eskimo on land with a mountainboard and dirtsurfer would good results.

It is not a super fast turner and I don’t get the feel that it has extreme “pop”. However, it is rock solid stable and I bet it glides well off snow covered mountains.

I’m most comfortable on skis, so I’m no pro on a mountainboard, but the Eskimo is silky smooth with power and I’m having no problems getting air.

Huge amount of depower – I haven’t even played around with the trim strap yet.

It is not a good low wind engine. It needs at least 10 mph to generate power on grass (sweet spot is 15 mph for me).

The super complex bridle system is surprisingly tangle resistant and the 5th line safety system works like a charm with little spinning or tangling on the way down.

The bridle mixer has easy to adjust stopper balls and I’m sure there are ways to tune it in more. However, there are not many of them out yet and no rider forum that I’m aware of - so I'll just keep it stock for now.

The bar pressure is more than my previous Flysurfers, but nothing overwhelming.

Similar kites I have flown include Flysurfer Psycho III, Pulse 2, Speed 2 & Outlaw and the HQ Neo.

One rider from the Flexi forum purchased the Eskimo III after test flying it on snow and is now selling his 10m Outlaw and Speed 2 – it must have some serious potential :thumbup:

I don’t think I’ll get an opportunity to fly it on snow anytime soon, but definitely try one out if you get the chance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvqYW-Q11hM&feature=relat...

IMG_2729.jpg - 24kB

SecondWind - 23-4-2009 at 03:13 AM

Gin Eskimo Bridle:

IMG_2735.jpg - 164kB

SecondWind - 23-4-2009 at 03:14 AM

Bar and 5th Line System:

IMG_2732.jpg - 167kB

SecondWind - 23-4-2009 at 03:15 AM

The Backpack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZD4lYjZEpw

IMG_2728.jpg - 150kB

Bladerunner - 23-4-2009 at 03:58 PM

Nice looking kite! I have only ever seen Gin Fixed Bridle kites before but they sure do look + fly great.

If you had to compare it to one of you flysurfers , what one does it best match ? Have you ever flown a 10m Frenzy ?

What is the retail price for this ? Gin is expensive . No?

SecondWind - 24-4-2009 at 03:59 AM

BR,

I would say it is like the Pulse 2 but does not turn as fast but similar in depower. Have not flown any of the newer Frenzys yet.

The 10m sells for just over $1100 (USD).

Joe

SecondWind - 15-11-2011 at 02:21 AM

Kayla,

Wow - this is an old post....

B-Roc is flying this one now:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
replica breitling Diode offerings, incorporating 360 diploma light output. The business makes use of Light Emitting Diode MR16 lights that allow some again light tag heuer replica eta , like normal halogen MR16s, so that they light up the glass on leading of supplying directional light. The Light Emitting Diode lights are available with 5 various Besa floodlight households. Divi, Nico 3 bvlgari knockoffs bvlgari watches replica , hublot replica Scope and Tammi 3 households integrate a diversity of engaging handcrafted glass decors. swiss replica watches sale The Tipster is really a minimalist blueprint without having any glass. They are appropriate for Besa monorail devices that engage the organization's new reduced profile Light Emitting Diode digital surface area power provide fake rolex , or maybe their magnetic surface area or possibly distant transformers. The spotlights could additionally be used with Besa's substantial choice