Power Kite Forum

blade 3 10.5 first impressions

kitejumper - 1-6-2009 at 05:16 PM

i just got this kite and so i only have 10 hrs on it, but here goes--0-7 mph and inconsistent winds--very hard to launch in these winds--once i had it up,it flies on apparent wind--very slow turning in these conditions--and a MONSTER workout,you wont be able to fly it very long in these conditions......8-12mph and steady winds--id have to say for me, this is perfect--good jumps,stays nice and high and not nearly as taxing as before.........12-15 up to 17-18--probably not the best conditions for this size kite,but we flew anyways--easy to get good jumps--you could get as high as you wanted--i prefered up to 10 ft myself--had to be careful for sure--def not for new kiters--for me,i would prefer this kite in a little more winds as opposed to a little less--and i def wouldnt fly this in choppy/gusty winds--hope this helps someone.....

Kamikuza - 1-6-2009 at 06:11 PM

Just picked up a 6.6 myself ... then read about bridle stretch issues :banghead:
Sounds good ...!

kitejumper - 1-6-2009 at 06:52 PM

i picked up a used 6.6 and no problems,been flying it almost every day for 3 months-flies great--if i were u, i would fly it and if it seems ok,i wouldnt mess with it....if it doesnt fly right,id send it to john at powerzone....which reminds me,ive GOT to send him my xxxl--i MISS that thing--tremendous lift and that was when it was BROKEN!! cant wait to see it when it flies right!!

DonaldLL - 1-6-2009 at 10:01 PM

Good review... thank you for the feedback. I file all this in my head to help me decide on my next kite. I know it won't be a Blade III at 10.5m but the information adds perspective for me.... :thumbup:

kiteNH - 2-6-2009 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kitejumper
i picked up a used 6.6 and no problems,been flying it almost every day for 3 months-flies great--if i were u, i would fly it and if it seems ok,i wouldnt mess with it....if it doesnt fly right,id send it to john at powerzone....which reminds me,ive GOT to send him my xxxl--i MISS that thing--tremendous lift and that was when it was BROKEN!! cant wait to see it when it flies right!!

Glad that 6.6 is working out for you :thumbup:

kitejumper - 2-6-2009 at 11:34 AM

it was you? i dont even remember.....but its a great kite--man im TOTALLY HUNG UP ON FLEXI --if they ever go out of business,i'll be jumping off the nearest tall building.....