Power Kite Forum

Peter Lynn Pro Bag

ripsessionkites - 15-6-2009 at 03:16 PM

Finally waited long enough for some of my Teamrider Goodies.
I got to see the proto version at NABX that Ozzy and Ruudje had.

These bags are high quality, think The North Face or Arytrex.
The size is 145 Litres, so thats like the same size as something you would take camping for 3-4 days.

I use my for kites only, and remove all the individual packs so i can stuff a whole series of Core, RIIs and Vapors into it.

I was bored so i wanted to see what it would fit, The XR+ fits perfertly and with alot of room to spare. With the metal edges I put the seat on the bottom, and i would suggest opening the extra extension as well. so bascially its like 1 Buggy + 3 kites.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/ripsessionkites/Peter%...
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/ripsessionkites/Peter%...

Avaliable in RED or BLUE.

arkay - 15-6-2009 at 03:29 PM

really, there an entire XR+ in there? really? 3 standard wheels, a real axle, two padded side rails, a front fork, a seat, and foot pegs?? I have a hard enough time getting all of that into my roof rack :dunno:

ripsessionkites - 15-6-2009 at 04:15 PM

sorry i should have taken the pic with the 3 tires down. ill show you at SOBB. :spin:

acampbell - 16-6-2009 at 07:38 AM

Got Jimmy Hoffa in there too?

Those really look slick. The high end PL bags such as come with the new Core are REALLY nice.

ripsessionkites - 16-6-2009 at 08:50 AM

lol ... i had to look at the bag again, its like a Giant PL Core backpack. going to see how many Cores I can stuff inside. maybe i should have a kite contest for "guessing the right answer". ROFL.

DAKITEZ - 16-6-2009 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
lol ... i had to look at the bag again, its like a Giant PL Core backpack. going to see how many Cores I can stuff inside. maybe i should have a kite contest for "guessing the right answer". ROFL.

You need to quit drinking so much redbull and go out and fly :yes:

You have too much time on your hands :lol:

BeamerBob - 16-6-2009 at 09:19 AM

Quote:

Winner gets a 19m Synergy, and a promotional ripsessions sticker? :yes:

ripsessionkites - 16-6-2009 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
Quote:

You need to quit drinking so much redbull and go out and fly :yes:

You have too much time on your hands :lol:

i cant, it gets delivered to us. LOL. RedBull RULES!!! it gives you wings to go fast. keeps the skirt down..

acampbell - 19-7-2009 at 08:40 AM

I finally have these bags in. Brilliant design and execution. Room for both Jimmy Hoffa AND Michael Jackson.

Main compartment is about 28"/ 72 cm tall by 16 1/2"/ 33 cm wide and 13"/ 33 cm deep. It can be accessed from the top via waterproof throat with drawstring, via side zippers or zipping out the entire back panel. The back panel has a big compartment for accessories.

Below the main compartment is another compartment that would be great for safety gear like helmet and pads. It has a large stainless steel grommet in the bottom for drainage and venting.

The hooded style top has a hidden compartment (was hard to find, knowing it was there) great for keys, camera, etc.

As large as the bag is, it stays neat when not fully packed due internal bungee compression straps and external adjustable straps, but the design is not too cluttered. Two external pockets for water bottles, too. An ATB will easily strap t the outside, or a rolled up ARC with the sticks in it. Behind the large external compression / cargo straps are clever little pocket compartments so that you can tuck the loose straps in when not in use. Neat.

It has nicely padded and mesh-vented shoulder straps with chest strap and padded hip belt with two more small zipper compartments good for loose change and such. Built in to the back panel behind the vented mesh back padding is a semi-rigid panel that helps keep the bag's shape and structure but remains flexible enough for comfort on the back. Completing the exterior appointments are two richly padded carry straps for short hauls when not on your back.

Esthetically, Ricardo is right in that it does look like a giant Core bag. Sharp looking with great finishing quality.

About the only feature I can think of to add would be a zipper panel to cover the waist and shoulder-straps for airline travel.

Retail is $169; a lot for a a kite bag, but if you have a long walk to the kite spot from the car, the functionality and flexibility of this rig makes it worth a look. For me it means a single trip and no crap piled up on the buggy that will only fall out when I bounce it down the stairs on Kite Beach

thelaserman - 20-4-2011 at 10:42 AM

how would this bag do with LEI's could i get 3 in here?

flyjump - 20-4-2011 at 10:53 AM

I can get three PL chargers in mine

ripsessionkites - 20-4-2011 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thelaserman
how would this bag do with LEI's could i get 3 in here?

yes, and probably up to 4 if you didnt include the bags.

the most ive put in is 3 LEI, Pump, 2 Bars, Wetsuit, Booties, Harness

WELDNGOD - 20-4-2011 at 01:40 PM

I got one, It is big enough for ALL my foils and control gear . You can strap a landboard to it too!

thelaserman - 20-4-2011 at 01:56 PM

yeah i got the dakine compressions bags, id like to fit a 9 12 14 naish park and a 19 speed 2.5 what do you think?

ripsessionkites - 20-4-2011 at 02:03 PM

yah it would fit, but its more to how you pack down after a session.

thelaserman - 20-4-2011 at 02:04 PM

well i think ill order one and see

arkay - 20-4-2011 at 03:01 PM

you can totally get three in there but as said above it how you pack _after_ a session. I got my 7,9,12 LEI + Venom II 16 into a bag that's the same size. But I got out all the air and refolded three times. After sessions there was no way to get the back in. I haven't gotten dakine compression bags (I saw a deal for 30$ for 3) but I assume that would get you in the bag as the compression bags do a good job of smashing the kite.

acampbell - 21-4-2011 at 01:45 PM

I have both red and blue in stock if needed. These are the newer ones with the YKK main zippers.

flyjump - 21-4-2011 at 04:12 PM

They are sweet. I love mine. They are a must, if you travel a lot

erratic winds - 21-4-2011 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arkay
I haven't gotten dakine compression bags (I saw a deal for 30$ for 3) but I assume that would get you in the bag as the compression bags do a good job of smashing the kite.

there is a thread in a different forum about how compression bags can damage kites. It all seems to be conjecture, but better safe than sorry.

edit: not talking about the PL bags! they are not 'compression' ones!

acampbell - 22-4-2011 at 04:58 AM

These are not compression bags. External straps and the internal bungee around the bottom portion help keep the bag *tidy* but do not compress the contents like a compression bag. I see compression bags used on a lot of SLK show kites where physical volume is reduced by 1/2 or more, almost like a "space bag" (vacuum bag). And I do not think that those kite owners would use them if they damaged those expensive kites. But anyway these PL PRo bags are not compression bags in that sense.