Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blades
jjesseday

[*] posted on 4-26-2024 at 07:28 AM
Blades

Does anyone hear landboard with blades? I tried landboarding a few years ago but I was using an 11 m depower. I've re-entered the sport and have a stack of fixed bridal kites that I'm going to try in the land board first, one of them is a 4-m blade. If I'm confident in my skill level flying a kite is it okay to land board with the blade or is that just considered stupid? I hear it so much about them being lifty and dangerous but I mainly wanted it for it s high AR and potential to go upwind better. If I stick with land boarding I will be going depower but figured since I had a few kites I would try them first. My other options are a 3.5 alpha, 3.5 rage, and 5 m beamer. I know any of the three will be more tame but that blade in midnight colors is just so beautiful!

Flexifoil sting 1.2
Big buzz
Peter Lynn Hornet 2m
Alpha 3.5

dylanj423

[*] posted on 4-27-2024 at 12:09 AM

Ive mountain boarded plenty with FB kites, including blades... If its a later model, you can adjust for less lift, and reduce your worry there - just make sure you go the right way... My first time out with a blade, I went the wrong way and was lofted quite unexpectedly.

Just pick the right kite for the wind and err on the small side to reduce the risk, I guess.

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
jjesseday

[*] posted on 4-29-2024 at 11:04 AM

Thanks Dylan! i tried a board for about 10 minutes and I am returning it! Gonna stick with static or maybe try water

Flexifoil sting 1.2
Big buzz
Peter Lynn Hornet 2m
Alpha 3.5

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio