Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blade V Has Finally Landed in California
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

thumbup.gif posted on 24-7-2009 at 12:13 PM
Blade V Has Finally Landed in California

Just got the blade v 6.5m in today. We will be giving it a try at the Berkeley kite festival this weekend. Reviews will soon follow.

First impressions are I like the bag. it actually fits the kite like a glove. As far as the kite its the same excellent quality we are use to from Flexi.

Stay tuned ....
Drewculous
Posting Freak

Mood: Official Tough Mudder :D

[*] posted on 24-7-2009 at 12:17 PM

woohoo! Let us know!

PL: Twister II 5.6m, Phantom 15m / 12m, 10m Synergy, JIBE Viper 5.3m, Charger 19m
HQ: Montana 4 12.5m, Apex 3 5m
Flexi: Blade ViP, Rage 1.8m \"lil Pepi!\"
FlexiFoot Bug / FlexDeck / MBS Core 95 / Custom Carbon Fiber MTH \"Monster Door\"
Corsair Crash Test Dummy (QC Suervisor :lol: )
My most perfect days have been on Jekyll
lunchbox
Posting Freak

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 24-7-2009 at 12:29 PM

Wow...can't wait for this this review...could it really get any better :wow:

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-7-2009 at 04:03 PM

sorry for the delay on the review ... everyone please bear with me. I have a few technical questions I'm waiting on responses from flexi before I give my review.

Flexi's website says these kites have the cross bridle for faster turning adjustment. I am familiar with this from the blade IV but the blade V's that I received did not have this. So I'm not sure if they changed it and I don't know what I'm looking for or if it is simply not on there. Those of us who checked it over this weekend could not find anything... so if its there its hidden good!
SCREWYFITS

Mood: Well... SCREWY as I wanna be!!!

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:21 PM

I say no!!! its not there... it doesn't have one... either it doesn't come with one or it got left out... JMO...

My lil review/comparison: fantastic kite, they (Flexi) really didn't go in reverse with this kite except for the break crossover adjustments... as far as V vs IV the IV is still better in my eyes, but add that crossover to the V and you got a deal...

The lift was the only noticeable flying characteristic change, outside the break X-over and being able to make it (the V) turn faster (it turns the same as the IV without any X-over adjustment) (IMO)...
The lift was a "TAD" more cushy, soft, comfortable, smooth, controlled (the keyword is "TAD") where the IV seems a "TAD" more snatchy, no where near what the III's where...

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but not enough to trade in the IV, it has the stability that is great (hard to shake it out of the sky) turns good with decent speed and slow enough that you don't have to redirect it too many times to stay afloat...

the handles... well... the handles are second to none!!! I can't get enough of those handles...

So I don't suggest that the IV owners go and nab one up, but if you've been wanting a IV then grab yourself a V because that's all you'll be able to get your hands on, unless you want a IV used, and mine isn't going to pry out of my hands cheaply, I'm really kicking myself in the a$$ for not getting an 8.5m when I had the chance, I kept telling myself to wait for the V's... oh well... I'll keep my eyes glues for a used one!!!

look for more to be added as I get some more time on this kite...

FYI: we flew the Blade IV 6.5m back-to-back with the Blade V 6.5m so we had the same exact conditions, and also changed the AOA to the same settings to get a side-by-side feel of them both...

Naish, Helix 9m / ARX 11.5m
Flexifoil, Blade IV 6.5 Blade VIP 8.5
Peter Lynn Twister II 7.7m, Viper 2.6m x2, 3.9m x2, 5.3m, 6.8m, Reactor II 4.4m
Ozone, HAKA 5m (make an offer)
Flysurfer Titan 9.5m, Speed 10m
Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
"Save a tree eat a beaver" -Someone Great-
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
elkiter

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:24 PM

I'm telling you... it's "built-in".:smilegrin:

e

Peace, Love & Powerkites

My Arsenal:
Predator Mark III 2.8m (Sold)
Jojo RM+ 3.0m
Jojo RM 3000
U-Turn Nitro EVO II 3.1m (Sweet!!! Thanks Ripsession!)
U-Turn Butan 3.5m (For Sale)
Jojo RM 4000 (For Sale)
Jojo RM+ 5.0m
U-Turn Butan 6.5m
Quadrifoil XXL (For sale)
Libre V-max Fullrace (V4A) Stainless Steel
Modified PL Comp with Rear Sus

NAPKRA #US50
SCREWYFITS

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:30 PM

We'll it should be "built-out" so I can see it and adjust it!!!!:mad::smilegrin:

what's up E it was good seeing you again,

It didn't turn as quickly as my IV IMO... and I seen no adjustment to speed it up...

Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself" -Aldous Huxley
Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elkiter

e

:lol: :lol: you had to be there :)

I got word from flexi today that the cross over adjustment is not there! It seems to be a typo on the website. They are checking to find out if the IV cross over will work on the V so maybe it will be an add-on option soon???

As usual I agree with screwy 100% about the kite. If you own a IV no reason to sell it and get the V. There is a slight bridle variation between the two and it is slight. Like Screwy said put the crossover on the V and then you will have something to talk about.

The main thing I'm worried about these kites is the color choices ... You DON'T have one! I'm curious to see how this affects sales.
SCREWYFITS

[*] posted on 28-7-2009 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
Quote:
Originally posted by elkiter

e

:lol: :lol: you had to be there :)

damn,,, I missed it!!! sorry!!!:saint:

Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS
oldrestless

[*] posted on 30-7-2009 at 01:06 PM

Hey,

Any info on what happened with this yet?
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 30-7-2009 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
The main thing I'm worried about these kites is the color choices ... You DON'T have one! I'm curious to see how this affects sales.

:puzzled: :sniff: :no: :thumbdown: :mad:

Would hate to see this become a trend for them across their product line. But it definitely seems like they are dipping their toes.

ATB,
Sam
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 30-7-2009 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by indigo_wolf
Quote:

:puzzled: :sniff: :no: :thumbdown: :mad:

Would hate to see this become a trend for them across their product line. But it definitely seems like they are dipping their toes.

ATB,
Sam

I have mixed feelings about this. I know people like a choice on colors, but i personally don't care what color a kite is as long as it flies great. I will fly the ugliest kite out there if it flies the best. heck i don't spend much time looking at the kite anyway. But I know some people really like to have a color selection. I have had people not buy a kite because they did not like the color. I don't know how many times I heard that someone bought a pansh blaze because they liked the flames :rolleyes: The real funny thing to me is people will make different color choices and often is the case that the colors that face the pilot are plain white anyway :)
As a seller it is so much easier to stock kites when they only come in one color. And obviously this carries over to the manufactures also. In this case there is only 3 different kites to stock. In the past where they had 3 different colors per size that would make 9 different kites to stock.
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 30-7-2009 at 08:11 PM

There are two sides to this. There is the owning, and there is the flying. When you are showing someone your kite, the graphics, and the colors mean something. Once you are out rolling along with your kite, the colors just don't matter anymore. I must admit, I get a visceral feeling about the "look" of the kite in the sky. The Blade IV always did it for me in a huge way. The Crossfire II does it for me as well as the Montana IVs. After you get past that though, it is just a tool to have fun with and color becomes less relevant. I've decided what size Charger I'm getting but need to see the colors to decide that. I've found that if I have 2 or more of the same kite, the color of the second and subsequent kites don't matter so much. On those kites, I just try not to match my Sofka buds color/size combos.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Jovver

[*] posted on 31-7-2009 at 06:09 AM

Quote:
I don't know how many times I heard that someone bought a pansh blaze because they liked the flames :rolleyes:

Ha, that's one of the reasons I got mine from you! Plus it was a nice introduction to depower without emptying my wallet. As regards to the color scheme thing, I find it's a very easy way to distinguish the size someone is using when you can't exactly ask them (ex. when they are zipping by you on a buggy on the beach) Like with the Flow, all 5m will be blue, all 3m will be orange and red.
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-7-2009 at 07:56 AM

i am in the market for a new kite.... there are several ways for me to go.... considering the blade 6.5 (man i dont like the design) or some sort of race-type kite... i like my centuries, they are releasing a new model soon, like some of their color schemes, and design... the oxigen butan would fit my needs well also, and i like the design there.... as would the peter lynn vapors....

this leaves me in a bit of a dilemma.... buy the blade v in its hideous redness (just my opinion), and own a kite that i really dont like the look of.... or wait a little bit and see what is available in a month or so

i disliked flexis rasta colors.... so much that i declined purchasing several used kites that i wanted, due to the colors...

if the blade 6.5 were available in the bluish colors, i would own one by now.... but, as i have said, i really dont like the color scheme of the 6.5, and there are a few other kites out there that will fit my bill, so i wont be buying one

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
SCREWYFITS

[*] posted on 31-7-2009 at 06:23 PM

dylanj423, you have the IV so as for getting the V shouldn't matter much based on flying or color, it's basically the same difference... the improvement is offset by the turning (X-over missing)...
I personally like the color of the new 6.5 but I liked the rastas also...

Zebra Z2 5m

Flexi Scout- US357 #247

Facebook.com/SCREWYFITS

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio