Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Yakuza GT: 8.3 & 10.0
USA_Eli_A
Posting Freak

Mood: Ozone For Life

[*] posted on 24-8-2009 at 08:33 AM
Yakuza GT: 8.3 & 10.0

OMG! I had an awesome Saturday on the beach with all who dropped in to hang out! Saw some friends from 12 yrs ago, still on PL classics, and Quadrifoil Comp kites, oldies but goodies! Whole family can still ride even after a 12 yr break!

Not to mention, I managed to mix up my 8.3 and 10.0, as they are new, and I was oogling over them as they are so stealthy and fresh!

Conditons, Hi tide, maybe 200ft of soft fluff, winds nnw at 15 +, my plan was to throw my 8.3 up on 20m lines, my 8.3 is green, my 10.0 is orange, so naturally I ended up with the GT 10.0 on 20m lines, VERy POWEREd ON a Jellis custom with suspension.

I could reach right into the wind, and head up at the base of the dune. I ran up 3-miles or so and unleashed the beast on a down wind run!

At over 30mph + the 10 accelerated until turning every reach became a shorter and shorter trip, in and out of rough terrain, jumping logs, sand dunes, debris that had formed wind blown sand formations that looked like kickers.

It took a minute to burn up 3 miles, so I reached back up wind, and rode this set up until my eyes wouldn't focus any. Longer.

After a nice long break and some lunch ;), I rigged the 8.3, and now we had some hard pack to play on.

I have to compliment the Jellis Custom Kite Buggy, he's practically knocked off all the rolling resistance a BigFoot buggy would have on hard pack, and in the wet sand.

With the 8.3 I was going much faster, not as aggressive into the wind, but I had more space, so by design, I changed my point sailing landmarks.

on a fast reach towards the ocean, I felt pretty dialed in. So I downturned the kite and it went right by me, as I turned down wind and swapped places with the kite, I had power all through the suicide maneuver! On the beach, on a bigfoot buggy, in 15+ winds, and 8.3m Yakuza GT flew through 360 degrees around me while riding! Amazing. I think the smallest kite was a 2.5 ET, Sunset-Jim had a 7.0, nice! And we rode the wheels off em!!! Awesome Day.
Sobb is going to be sweet!!!

I'm more and more impressed with the GT, the difference is more speed and a lot more stability. even during collapses all of which were my error were easy to recover, even when I'd luff during the Suicide Maneuver's, just pull on the most open side and the rest of the kite inflated immediately. Once in a while I'd get a wing tip to stick, so shaking the handles opposite each other would quickly reform the kite, and
ZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

I saw some great riding. I noticed everyone trying to do UpWind turns, and I encourage this, I will gladly help any and all who want a little pointer or two to perfect this space saving maneuver. Just grab me at SOBB for a 5m demo on the upwind turns, believe me, there is proper way to do it. I leaned the Upwind turn in 1995 with Fritz G. and Jeff H....
No looking back once you get that turn down, so fun!

lunchbox
Posting Freak

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 24-8-2009 at 08:40 AM

Quote:

I'm more and more impressed with the GT, the difference is more speed and a lot more stability.

Wow...and I was impressed with the speed and stability of the Yak! Guess it's time to start saving.

Love reading your reviews...keep'em coming...just wish I could have joined you guys instead of cleaning the garage...

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio