Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Spirit 5.5
Krohn1999

Mood: Countdown to 24H of SPO is on

[*] posted on 15-9-2009 at 12:21 PM
Spirit 5.5

So I got a chance to fly the 5.5 Spirit on the weekend in France. Well I just don't really know how to say it but:
I have never had a kite like this in my hands before!!!!!

I was flying it on 14 meter lines in aprox. 20mph winds. The up wind performance was incredible. I could turn up wind loop it once to build up a little speed and then park and ride almost directly into the wind. Pull the brakes a little and then let it shoot back forward to gain speed. I was able to cover huge parts of the beach(between 3 to4 km) without having to turn once. The same section of the beach with a 6.4 Reactor, we were turning 5 to 6 times, and with a Zebra Z2 3 times.

Then at then end of the run I would turn and let the spirit run, and run it can!! The down wind stability is amazing no folding up or loosing pressure it just ran and ran and ran!!!!
Again slight pull on the brakes and the Turbo kicked in nice and smooth not overpowering or unstable. If you pulled a little to hard the kite would brake but it would stay inflated and regain flight as soon as you let the brakes out. It would shoot forward with huge speed but not overwelm you or try to pull you out of the buggy.

Unfortunatly the beach was very bumpy so that at around 70Kmh I had to slow it back down because I felt like my Kidneys were going to come out of my nose.
In all I can say that I have yet to fly a kite with that much power and that much stability. At no time did I feel overpowered or that the kite was reaching its limit.

The stability is comparable to a kite in the intermediate class, with the speed of a pure race kite.

This kite is for people who want to go fast, ride all courses and that are looking for performance pure!!!
This kite is not for someone who is just starting out, static flying, Mtb, or does not like to ride on the limit.

Libre has come along way with the Spirit and it is a great replacement for the Vampire race Pro

I cannot wait to get a Vapor in my hands to see if it can top this!!

GPA G1580
NAPKA US13
Buggy:
APEXX
MG-AERO on Disc Wheels

Kite bag:
Ozone Yakuza GT, Methode, Flow, Imp
Peter Lynn Reactor II, VAPOR, Core
PKD Century II, Brooza II
Wolkensturmer Ventura

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio