Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: So I also now have doom wheels, well almost.
jrobson

[*] posted on 16-4-2005 at 01:35 PM
So I also now have doom wheels, well almost.

Didn't get time to take pictures, but I made the rails and spacers today.

All aluminium, not for weight really, but I am lazy and find it alot easier to work with :P

Rails are 23mm x 6mm x 700mm
Spacers are 12.7mm OD, 6mm ID for the ones on the boot, and 8mm ID for the ones on the wheels. 5mm long for the first row, 27mm for the center brace in the middle of the boot and 48mm for the side.

The front wheels are offset to the middle by 5mm, the rear wheels are offset to the outside by 5mm so total offset 10mm.

Will take pics shortly, but I need to go order some proper wheels first, I will play around with the mock-up wheels on the small little downhills at the local park tomorrow, if the wind is really low, ill give it a shot on the kite, but if the wind is too high, then I problably won't have traction so won't bother.

Big thanks to DoomWheels for the plans on the website and advice on the forum!!
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 25-4-2005 at 12:36 AM

I used aluminium rails with my first set and found that they bent too easily just behind the heel. Let us know how yours turns out.

Yes, wait until your good wheels arrive before applying any real kite power. Hard wheels go sideways just as eaily as forward under the side-pull of a kite.

Happy to help. Can't wait to see pics of your skates and action shots.

jrobson

[*] posted on 25-4-2005 at 07:25 AM

Hi

I have yet to try them out, I have been so busy lately with some kite mods.

And then on Friday my ATB finally arrived so had not yet had a chance to try the skates out. I am going to my mom tonight to borrow her camera to take some pics of the wheels, and kite mods and so on so will post soon. I did however fit them and they feel really sturdy with the boots attached, well sturdy for now :)

Actually I think I should quickely try them out tonight if I get a chance, and see about getting better wheels or just going ATB.
jrobson

[*] posted on 25-4-2005 at 01:01 PM

The front bolt is too long, for some or other reason they sent me 6 correct length bolts, and 2 that are too long lol. I only noticed this when assembling, ill just shorten them.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio