Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The "Dream" kitebar
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 12:29 PM
The "Dream" kitebar

So, the latest issue of Kiteboarding Magazine has a little thing about the dream kitebar and what innovations it should have. Funny, the first thing they mention is
"Autopilot" To quote:

"Simply activate and your kite pilots itself (in a depowered state) to 12 o'clock neutral whenever you release the bar"

I think they should call it the "Auto Reset Control Bar"

Wait a sec......A...R....C...........

hmm. :lol:

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
acampbell
Posting Freak

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 01:36 PM

Yeah I saw that. All PL bars come with an autopilot- called the twinskin kite. ;-)

Phreerider would definitely appreciate the MP3 player. Never see him ride without, water or land.

they left out the beer holder

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
tobytobsen

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 03:04 PM

Hehe, yeah, I actually thought about scanning the article and putting it up here, bc, almost all realistic elements of the dream bar are included in the navigator.

They really need to test the charger in there, too.

ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 03:48 PM

im sure a charger is going into all the kite mags for a review.

just like the pass the charger on here

shaggs2riches
Posting Freak

Mood: low winds here I come

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 05:42 PM

I had a dream just the other night about kiting (yes its deep in my head now). In the dream I visioned that I was flying a kite that on the bar the foam grip on both sides twisted forward but not back so that when one twisted forward it would control a break on the same side of the kite. The kite was still depower but with the extra control of four line braking like you would have on handles. The twist was kinda like twist grip shift on mountain bikes. Pull on way to turn add some brake to the appropriate side and you get awesome steering with the added bonus of a depower. Yeah I'm sure you guys get the picture. Not sure if it would ever be possible to do, but it looked amazing in a dream.:roll:

what I fly/ride:
19m Flysurfer Speed 2 SA
12m Flysurfer Speed2
6m Ozone access xt
1.5m Ozone imp trainer
144cm Airush Switch
152cm lib tech skate banana
MBS Pro 90
Jereme Leafe Pro 95
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 20-11-2009 at 06:09 PM

Not sure, I would want the brake twist activated. In sketchier situations, you might apply brakes without meaning to. In the worst case scenario, that would drop the kite into the powerzone.

When you first start riding motorcycles, you have a similar situation in gusty winds or after hitting a pothole. One of impulses is the claw for the grips, and unfortunately the right one is the accelerator. You train that reflex out of yourself, but the first time it happens, you become very, very alert in a very short period of time.

Kind of paranoid about things where control inputs can get crossed/munged. That said, I have been doodling something along the lines of what you are talking about, but along a different axis. The curse of insomnia ;)

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio