Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PL CH 10m
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 16-1-2010 at 03:44 AM
PL CH 10m

i was jonesing for a kite fly today. it was raining at first but the sun finally showed itself and the wind came on to W 28km. I had use of a CH 10 because the customer wanted it setup before it went off.

Configuration
Kite: CH 10m (factory setting)
Bar: Twinskin 50cm / 25m lines
Wind: 20 to 28 km - West

This was a perfect day to hit the water, however im lacking sleep and have a cold.
i've never tried the Navi bar out yet but will soon on BR's CH(s).

Inflatation: same as the SYN

Flight/Power: being on a landboard i notice its got a bit more power over the SYN, and if information serves me correct I would have had more using a Navi Bar. however flying off the TS Bar I had enough power in that wind condition to ride and didnt care of the extra.
Having started out flying in the rain, I can say they fly fine in wet conditions, i did have to keep the Dirt-Outs open to keep the water flowing out so it stayed drier in the down pour.

Lift Ratio: by far you get more boost over the SYN, however not flying a SYN 10 before but vs a SYN 15. I still find the SYN has more float. If you're so high in the air, than why need float? I perfer float to give me time to piece grabs togethers. In a boost the last thing I think about is taking my hands off the bar and holding on beause ive passed my comfort zone. speed is fine, but height scares me a bit. Im assuming this is probably since I like bigger kites and have something bigger holding me up. if you want airtime, the CH would be the weapon of choice.

Im pretty happy with the outcome of the CH. Im looking foward to getting wet soon and going huge.

Conclusion:
If you like big air / new school I personally would take the CH first. However freeride / freestyle / learning new tricks i'd keep the SYN for that.

Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-1-2010 at 05:43 AM

Sounds like I shouldn't fee like I'm missing out with 'just' a quiver of Synergys then :D

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 16-1-2010 at 06:27 AM

hows the bar pressure with the additional pulleys on the VPC bridal......................I dont mind the bar pressure but I know others do...................sounds like a sweet kite....................I havent seen the kite but I have seen the Nav bar.................very nice

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
Feyd
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 16-1-2010 at 06:57 AM

I found the bar pressure to be a bit lighter than the Syn. They both have adjustable bar pressure.

More pressure than you would find on a current model Frenzy or FS Psycho but less than you would find on a Venom.

Light but not to light in my opinion. I'd be interested in Ripp's feeling on bar pressure.

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
power
Posting Freak

Mood: Arcy

[*] posted on 16-1-2010 at 09:09 AM

When I flew one (not sure what the settings were) I found the bar pressure to be practically nothing.

-08 Best Nemesis HP 14m
-07 North Rhino 10m
-05 Best Nemesis 10m
-04 Slingshot Fuel 13m
-05 Flexi Storm 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m (FOR SALE!!)
-05 Naish 5.5m (FOR SALE!!)
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2010 at 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feyd
I found the bar pressure to be a bit lighter than the Syn. They both have adjustable bar pressure.

More pressure than you would find on a current model Frenzy or FS Psycho but less than you would find on a Venom.

Light but not to light in my opinion. I'd be interested in Ripp's feeling on bar pressure.

less than the SYN on the Factory setting. it wasnt much but you can notice it. Im not one for light bar pressure, i like knowing im holding onto something. having said that personally if I kitesurf on directional / pipeline / wave or was out for extreme speed like Mr.Speedster 58 (Feyd) (check out stormboarding) i'd probably want less bar pressure to none.

also i like all my straps TIGHT. max power / less depower = boost!!!

the kite would probably be a little faster if I used the Navi-Bar with the Y line reducing the drag. I havent tried it yet, the closest I've been to a Navi-Bar is holding it in my hands and waving goodbye to it.

there are different setting so there is one to suit your liking.

im still standing at CH 10 / 19 for my quiver, and if I need a little less P, ill use a TS-Bar.

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2010 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
Quote:

im still standing at CH 10 / 19 for my quiver, and if I need a little less P, ill use a TS-Bar.

Nice thing about the Nav' is the adjustable stopper. If you go with one you won't NEED a TS bar for less P. You can just move the stopper ? NO ??

I have the 10m with me today. Looks like I drove 4.5 hours for now wind though :mad:

I OWE carbon offset points BIG TIME for The gas I use chasing wind. :no:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2010 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner
Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
Quote:

Nice thing about the Nav' is the adjustable stopper. If you go with one you won't NEED a TS bar for less P. You can just move the stopper ? NO ??

I have the 10m with me today. Looks like I drove 4.5 hours for now wind though :mad:

I OWE carbon offset points BIG TIME for The gas I use chasing wind. :no:

lol. you should come by so we can compare Bar sizes. J/K
bad joke. :P

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2010 at 07:15 PM

It's not the size of the bar but the length of the throw :smilegrin:

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 17-1-2010 at 07:16 PM

Ken (K2)
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2010 at 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner

ROFL

i lent KB888 my personal CH 10 that i never had time to setup. can you give him some assistance when you're up at Green next weekend. im trying to make it since i wanna check out the snow buggy.

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-1-2010 at 07:45 AM

I think it will remain too warm with no snow for Green Lake. Mamete is ice only.

Water is getting to look like the only thing to ride in winter here ?
SOooooooooo COoooooooooollllllllllllddddddddddddd !!!!!!:crazy:

( I end up with same bar short throw ) ;)

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio