Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Finished!
Mouse

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 08:15 AM
Finished!

I finally finished my wheels. I ended up getting a helluva deal on 14" wheels and because of the terrain i'll normally be stuck with i thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to go a little larger. Now i'm wondering if i didn't go too large. When i tried them on i was surprised how stable they felt when i was standing but as soon as i tried to blade forward they really really wanted to bend over to the sides. Are the rollerblade boots i'm using not stiff enough or are the 14" tires too big?

Hopefully this is fairly normal and they will feel good once i get behind a kite and moving instead of trying to pump them like a normal rollerblade but if i need to revamp them i guess i need to revamp them hehe. Any input or advice is much appreciated!

knocking on wood,
Mouse
Bill_Benson

Mood: Looking forward to DBBB

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 08:54 AM

Got some pics of them to post, would like to check 'em out? Congrats on wrapping them up, I am sure you will get the probs sorted out.

Bill Benson
Mouse

[*] posted on 11-6-2005 at 02:54 PM

I'll take some pics when my g/f gets back from her trip. I broke my digital recently kiting at Seal beach in cali so i'll have to use the new one i bought her hehe. I work an early shift tomorrow so hopefully there will be some wind when i get off so i might even be able to talk her into taking a couple of me breakin my neck!
Mouse

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 12:04 AM

Ok time to revamp the wheels already :tumble: I made the mistake of using the most comfortable rollerblade boots i have (also happen to be one of my oldest pair as well...funny that) instead of thinking before jumping into building these buggers and going for the strongest boots. I'm well known for doing that hehe. Off shopping tomorrow to see if i can find something with some good support as well as comfort.

On a good note the 14inchers rolled over damn near anything in front of me (even my g/f) and i can tell already that my 8meter breeze is going to be way too much kite. It doesn't take much at all to get moving.

Drill some new holes for different boots, maybe make some new spacers, and presto i'll be back before anyone even misses me. Knowing me even if my second try works well i'll still be taking them apart and making changes soon.... always room for improvements right? :lol:

dreaming of dooming....without the severe pucker factor,
Mouse
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 12-6-2005 at 10:35 PM

I see that you learned an important lesson... stiff skate boots work best. We've always had poor results using flexible boots. I'm also working on a 14 or 16 inch wheel set. Can't wait to ride 'em through the pucker bumps at Elmers.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio