Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trifecta in jeopardy!
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 09:57 PM
Trifecta in jeopardy!

Well, tomorrow is Alameda day only it's not now since it looks like the wind is gonna skunk me. We've had to reorganize our return trip to minimize driving time but still maximize opportunities and experiences but what it's meant is that tomorrow will be the first shot a the coast. Alameda peaks at 10kts at dinner time so unless I wanna lesson on the SA it's a done deal - no fly day.

Anyone know any options north from San Fran?

Of course we could still stay at Alameda, forego the lesson and just go on my own with the SA but I don't have any real means to rinse off the kite let alone let it dry before we head off.

Need advice. Have full wetsuit, booties and gloves - not afraid to get cold but would still like to be supervised or with a local when I do the deed.

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 10:34 PM

let me check on the winds at sherman island for you. Not too far from Alameda and a plus is its fresh water so no need to rinse .. only dry. I hear there are very good teachers there. My new team rider AD72 is going to take a lesson there this week.
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 10:38 PM

Only 5-7 knts ... Sorry! This weekend looks good though. if you need a place to park for a night your welcome to stay at my place. I have room for your rv .. water and electric and I can even dump your tanks here if you need. Your more than welcome!
AD72
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2010 at 10:45 PM

In Alameda there is the Board Sport School they have a fresh water shower and a hose available and can help you with a lesson.

Sherman Island is in the delta East of San Francisco. I am no sure about the forecast tomorrow but I am looking to take lesson at Kitopia. It is not a beginner launch location since you need to go upwind as soon as you get on the water.

Both locations are predominantly LEI kite fliers. There are a few guys I have run into that have used PL Arcs or Flysurfers but the launch site is small so you need to have your launch procedure well rehearsed.
DAKITEZ
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-4-2010 at 01:08 PM

ok my wind sites suck. You should be getting good winds right now. Offer still stands if you guys need a place to park. there is plenty of room on my property.
Hardrock

[*] posted on 8-4-2010 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAKITEZ
ok my wind sites suck. You should be getting good winds right now. Offer still stands if you guys need a place to park. there is plenty of room on my property.

Man,, good people!!!:thumbup:

PL V19m, P15m, V13m
Ace 7M (FOR SALE) 130.00 plus ship. RTF
Ace 5M
Beamer 5m, 3m
Hydra 350
P3 and a few smaller kites
Flexifoil Buggy, E-Trex Legend
LF Proof 151,,,GI Flight93 ATB

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio