Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Flexifoil ion 2
ikemiester

Mood: SPEED 3 19M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 07:53 PM
Flexifoil ion 2

Just got it in the mail yesterday. First thing after opening it up... THIS THING IS MADE WELL! Extremely reinforced where the Leading edge is. It's used and has one professional repair = $270. Held air well in my backyard for a couple of hours.

Now to the beach. (this in the high 4 line mode.)
It launches uber easy, just pull one way or another and if it's upside-down, normal launch way, whatever... the thing goes up. Next, it's really responsive and really fast. However, pulling the bar in when it was at full power for too long made the it fall out of the sky... WHY? It also didn't have much float. Will putting 5 meter extensions on the 20meter lines that came with it help this? Will putting it in 5 line (freestyle) mode help? It felt like kite looping the kite would give a great pull but I was scared to do that my first day and on land.

Landing was a little sketchy. I can have someone catch it on the edge, but the self landing had me pull a cord which was on the left side of the bar. It made the kite fall but it looped like 3 times in the process. Will adding the 5 line help this as well? I'm so used to easy foil landings.

In the end there are some things that I'm going to have to learn, but any advice is more than welcome

pics to follow

Kiteboarding Team Rider
http://www.cleanlinesurf.com/

Looking For:
cheap old c kites in good shape

What I Fly:
Flysurfer Speed 3 19m, Switch Legacy2 12 and 9m, Radsail Sport 5m, HQ Beamer 1.8m

What I Ride:
mbs core 90, Cabrinha Rival 145, Cabrinha Ace 133

Go big or go home!
1920 Club

https://www.youtube.com/user/rydmiester

Established 1992, Flying multi-lines since 2001
arkay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 10:28 PM

I found the 10.5 to be pretty floaty when I tried it out and I'm a wee bit heavier than you... Adding 5m will give you more speed and window space, it will help a bit in the window if you keep it moving, but I'm not sure it'll do what you're looking for.

If you have a green line, then easiest way to self land it to just pull the saftey. Lately I've been landing by bringing the kite low and depowered then yanking on the upper ring so that the kite turns noes into the wind and sits on the beach. You can then walk to the kite with the ring. Works great unless the wind is howling

Careful looping this kite :D

US503 - Manzanita, Oregon

Fixed Bridal: Flexifoil Sting 1.2, 1.7; Rage Acid 2.5m, 3.5m, 4.7m, 6m | Peter Lynn Vapor 11.2m, 16.1m | NPW 7m
Depower : Peter Lynn Venom 2 13m, 16m, 19m | Peter Lynn Phantom 15m | Flysurfer 2.5 SA 19m
LEI : Flexifoil Atom 7m, 9m, 12m; Mutiny 8m
Land rides : Libre Hardcore; Libre v-max; Peter Lynn XR+W | Rollerblade Coyotes! | Ground Industries AK Pro
Water rides : Slingshot Misfit 134; Ocean Rodeo Mako 150; North WAM! 5\'10

4 Sale/Trade: HQ M1 5m, Flysurfer Pulse 10, PL Venom 2 16m, PL Venom 19m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio