Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Maisaka - it's pronounced "You suck"
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

sad.gif posted on 20-7-2010 at 06:18 PM
Maisaka - it's pronounced "You suck"

Second day of hols yesterday, already bored with the house so thought I'd hot-tail it to Maisaka in Shizuoka for what was forecast to be 15 to 20 knots.

Didn't happen - I'd guess about 12 at most :(

Had some kitemares with the Zero7 popping the red hat safety when it got knocked by the board in the surf a couple of times, lines twisting, rubbish getting wrapped around the bridles - swear words were said oh yes. Major temper tantrum.

Not enough wind to even get riding with major workage of the kite. I've been wondering why everyone here has a directional board ... now I know. I need I need!

Made up for no powered riding by looping the kite and catapulting myself off that for a bit :D like doing wheelies in a carpark or kiddie-skidding up to traffic lights - silly but entertaining.

Made some nice turns, even a couple in the middle of a loop - them was hawt!

And just for Hardrock, I dunked the Synergy a couple of times!
First time it landed LE down and I had a bit of a struggle getting it to taco - kept pulling the wrong line I think, getting my left and right mixed up. Got there in the end and it floated nice on the swell in the meantime.
The trick is - once the kite is in taco mode, keep pulling the bottom line and when you see the center of the LE open up a little, pull on the center lines ... piece of cake!
Next time I dropped the kite, I managed to turn against the tip dragging on the water and the kite dropped onto the surf in taco mode. Tug tug yank yank fly fly!

Trying to resist the temptation of using a board leash ... damned thing goes upwind (and out to sea) better without me standing on it :(

I love my lake ... not so fond of the sea. Yet.

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio