Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Feast, Day 3
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-7-2010 at 07:07 AM
Feast, Day 3

Been a famine for a while, but for the past 3 days we had northerlies onto the lake.

Friday was not enough to ride upwind for me but I had fun slogging and walking.
Saturday, I could have used more wind but got some riding in. There's be a vid soon.
Today - #@%$#!ing E-P-I-C!

When I got onto the water about 4:30, we had 10 to 15 knots and when I came off for a drink about 5:30 I checked my anemometer and it was 15 to 20 knots. I was starting to trim the kite for depower cos I was making some mad speed out there :lol:

With enough wind, I can just park my Speed and ride ... played with all the technical things I could bring to mind like posture, heel pressure, speed control, kite control etc etc then just started playing silly buggers.

Spurred on by borntofli's progress, I tried some "slide to toe-side, carve to heel-side" turns - riding toe-side in a seat harness is the suck :( but the turns worked ... more or less :D

Did lots of load-and-pop things I saw on Kiteboarding 101 video ... whee! what fun! Nearly did a back roll by accident - carved hard up the face of a wave - but landed on my head :D assorted poor kite control had me flying at times but I loved it ALL!

... today is the day I should have bothered with the camera - far more entertaining, it would have been! I am, officially, stoked!

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 25-7-2010 at 07:44 AM

nice.....................its all coming together for you..................................Speeds are awesome machines.................sounds like a vid is in order...................

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 06:50 AM

Ok back to day 2, Sunday ... here's the vid! Enjoy the yawns ...!

PHREERIDER
Posting Freak

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 08:28 AM

very nice, the square 1, too much rocker, looks like a big old school wake board clone thing.

pink phloyd perfect!

and quite jealous of the camera thingy.

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 05:58 PM

Nice! I'm SOOOO gonna get this this summer......sooooo gonna get it. Thanks for posting!

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 06:10 PM

Square 1 should be better in the ocean though yeah? Floyd was the only thing I could think of easily that lasted for 10 minutes :lol:

Meddling with the GoPro is great on no wind days :) but it sure sucks up the time!

shaggs2riches
Posting Freak

Mood: low winds here I come

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 08:50 PM

Damn you!!!! LOL just kidding man that is awesome riding. I SO HOPE that I can get up and riding this year. If not for just one park n ride session where I don't get constant luffs. Think that once I can just get it where I get a decent wind in the right direction, I'll get going in no time, but the winds here are really lacking on the clean part, and when they are high enough to go out the gusts are too hooj for my liking while learning.

Keep it up man your determination is a big confidence booster for me. If you can do it and survive with all the crazies out there then I can do it at my tiny lake with only my buddy out in the middle of the lake.:thumbup: great camera work too. Love how the picture moves around like that but the orientation still stays the same.

Good work
Shaggs

P.S. The Floyd was an awesome choice can't believe I never thought of them. Cheers

what I fly/ride:
19m Flysurfer Speed 2 SA
12m Flysurfer Speed2
6m Ozone access xt
1.5m Ozone imp trainer
144cm Airush Switch
152cm lib tech skate banana
MBS Pro 90
Jereme Leafe Pro 95
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-7-2010 at 09:58 PM

Wind was the big factor for me ... not enough is the suck and I need so much more than the mini-men who haunt the beach here like anorexic Oompa-loompas ...

Hardrock

[*] posted on 29-7-2010 at 08:14 AM

That was really nice Kami.

Making me look outside for wind.

PL V19m, P15m, V13m
Ace 7M (FOR SALE) 130.00 plus ship. RTF
Ace 5M
Beamer 5m, 3m
Hydra 350
P3 and a few smaller kites
Flexifoil Buggy, E-Trex Legend
LF Proof 151,,,GI Flight93 ATB
g-force junkie

[*] posted on 30-7-2010 at 06:56 PM

kami,
nice vids, that camera veiw really gives you the tool to see what works and what doesn't,what i'm confused about, with no arc experience, is this autozenith thing you guy's are always talking about. all my instructors have told me to never ever leave your kite at zenith and a few times that i have i have been lofted backwards, one time at a 45 degree angle that resulted in a hard hit on my shoulder from an upside down position. so is there something that keeps these arcs from doing that?
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 30-7-2010 at 07:03 PM

Good question :lol: auto-zenith is a keep your kite off the water tool ... when on the beach or walking, I keep it low like I would an LEI. I'm sure it comes with all the attendant risks of parking a kite at the zenith ... but it's nice to be able to take your hands off the kite and not worry about dropping it while you drink, meddle etc ...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio