Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kitesurf strapped surfboard waterstart questions....
borntofli

Mood: Can\'t get enough kiting

[*] posted on 29-7-2010 at 06:40 PM
Kitesurf strapped surfboard waterstart questions....

Was out today giving the strapped surfboard another go in the waves... Last time I had the straps too narrow to get my foot in easy...I widened them up for today and it helped a little...

Q # 1... Should I put my back foot in first or front..?? I tried both, and what I ended up doing was get the back in and just get the front close and take off, before the next wave knocked it off my feet..

Once I got up i could slide my feet in..

Q # 2.. Foot pressure. More front foot pressure, more like actually surfing?? I think i'm riding it like a twintip... Had slogging problems.. Once its planing wow!!! Goes upwind easy even going slow....

I just want to cut the learning curve down a little.. If I know what the proper technique is I wont mess around as much... I've watched all the videos I can find, but those guys make it look so easy....

Once i'm up and goin its a hoot...

Learning conditions: 10-13 kts w/ speed 17... I know not ideal but thats what we have for a while....

Ocean Rodeo Rise 12
Ozone C4 10
Slingshot Octane 7
Flysurfer speed 2 15 SA

Rollersurfer (for sale)
6\'2\" Slingshot SST
Slingshot fuse
Brokite 134 freeride
Ocean Rodeo mako 140

PHREERIDER
Posting Freak

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 30-7-2010 at 05:37 AM

both feet in ...hit the gas!

enough front foot pressure to keep the bouncy feel to a minimum. front foot needs to be close to the rail for up wind control. the back foot the more forward the better kinda in the middle of the drive (finns)

some big rip carving fun. have to comfortable with front to back center balance point.

front foot rail control with pressure keeps the board down and steering in the right direction otherwise the nose will tend to whip to the weighted side. you're on top of the board more than a TT but leaning back is still in there(more like falling over from the hip rather than your back), hips are turned more forward.

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
syuzhak

[*] posted on 30-7-2010 at 11:53 AM

Just take the straps off! That is when you're comfortable water starting. I've never had any luck with straps on a surfboard, because your feet need to be further back on the board for carving/ downwind and further forward for upwind. With straps you cant really put your feet in the optimal position. As for water starting...its actually really easy just put both of your heels on the board, dive the kite and you're off.

21m Speed3, 15m Speed3, 12m Psycho4, 8m North Rebel, 10m North Rebel
5\'8\" Slingshot Celeritas Strapless, 6\'5\" Strapless Surfboard, Flydoor XL, Zero Gravity 130cm
MBS Mountainboard

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio