Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Confessions: Best day yet !!
borntofli

Mood: Can\'t get enough kiting

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 06:58 PM
Confessions: Best day yet !!

I have been out most every afternoon for 3 weeks, winds pick up to 10-11 kts from 5 till dark...It usually is a struggle to get going, having to "slingshot" to get going... ( Get up the opposite direction I want to go, dive the kite hard the other way and zoom) But after that it has been a struggle to keep going for long runs...
Tried my flat spleen, waves are only 1-2' now and could get going easier on it than my more rockered longer board... But I lose speed and struggle in the whitewater w/ it..
(this is all w/ the speed 17)

Landed the kite and thought hmmmmmmmmm......
Always seemed like the kite was being choked... I lengthened the centerlines 2" to see what would happen......BINGO......Whole new kite.... Its like i gained 3 meters in size.....Wind is still 10 kts ...

I grab my new to me mako 140x40 to give it a try.... Wow what a board.. Now that the kite flies better I am powered up and zooming thru the waves and chop... This board just cuts thru everything... wind was straight onshore and I had no trouble going upwind.. I made a 1 1/2 mile run up to the pier and back a couple times.... No problems holding an edge even when getting a bit out of control..... W/ my flatter board I get pulled off my edge and it all goes downhill from there....

I'm a happy camper.. The kite is pulling like a truck in 10 kts, found a board that suits me and the conditions I kite in...

My transitions are better, probably 90 percent success...

Last night there was this noise that woke me up....CLICK

Now i need to get the strapless jibe groove goin......

Happy kiting all

Ocean Rodeo Rise 12
Ozone C4 10
Slingshot Octane 7
Flysurfer speed 2 15 SA

Rollersurfer (for sale)
6\'2\" Slingshot SST
Slingshot fuse
Brokite 134 freeride
Ocean Rodeo mako 140

Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 07:16 PM

Lovely! :thumbup:

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 07:37 PM

glad to hear the stoke......................you almost have to ride a Speed to appreciate what your blogging...................................keep it going..........

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio