Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: my new wheels
gribble

Mood: mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 25-8-2005 at 03:41 AM
my new wheels

Just to say hello and thanks to DOOM for the skate recipe , i have stuck a pair together and am getting used to them :thumbup: I have used box steel rails,a pair of old roller blades found in the local paper and used ally tube and washers for spacers. My wheels so far are a bit small to say the least as i nicked em of my mbs mountain board. But, luckily for me my local field is very smooth and with a drop in tyre pressure i get no chatter although im not breaking any speed records either. They feel nice and stable but im planning the second pair already with bigger wheels and better boot. The boot i use now fits good and snug but is cheap and there are obviously some nice posh ones out there (can anyone tell me where to get good boots in the uk) Any way there you go,no pics yet but im working on that one so should be soon:smilegrin:HAPPY FLYING Gribble:singing:
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 26-8-2005 at 12:24 AM

Greetings gribble and welcome to kiteskating! Good luck with your rebuild. You will enjoy the larger wheels. Regarding boots... look for a stiff pair with good side support. The newer flexble skate boots are not well suited for kiteskates.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio