Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dakine harnesses
joedy

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 12:05 PM
Dakine harnesses

I was looking into getting a Dakine harness for kitesurfing.

Is the Dakine bar pad a necessary item? Can the Dakine harnesses be used without them?

I’m not quite sure how the spreader bar pad mounts to the harness and what keeps it in place.

Also, I did not see any information on the Dakine website concerning an emergency knife with their harnesses. Are these included as standard items with Dakine harnesses?

Thanks for your help.

-joedy

Flysurfer Speed3 19m Deluxe
Liquid Force Envy 12m
Flysurfer Pulse2 12m
HQ Matrixx 15m
HQ Hydra 350
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 12:46 PM

The bar pad is what keeps the metal spreader bar from digging into you.... so yes, necessary.

The reason that some Harness manufacturers don't include bars and/or pads as standard is that spreader bars (and pads) come in different widths. After you get the harness you can pick the bar/pad in the width that is most comfortable for you.

Some harnesses include the emergency knife, some don't.... they generally list it as a feature if it is included. It appears to be optional on a lot of Dakines, so something you would have to get seperately.

The bar is generally attached to the pad using a combination of cut-outs, velcro and/or webbing depending on the harness manufacturer. Then the bar is attached to the harness using webbing laced through attachment points at the ends of the spreader bar.

Dakine and a couple of others have tweaked this on some harnesses using various clips/latches. Dakine calls theirs the Power Clip.

If you search on YouTube there are several product demos of Dakine and other harness and how you put them on and take them off.

Hope that helps.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
joedy

[*] posted on 18-8-2010 at 01:49 PM

Thanks, Sam.

Those were the answers that I was looking for.

-joedy

Flysurfer Speed3 19m Deluxe
Liquid Force Envy 12m
Flysurfer Pulse2 12m
HQ Matrixx 15m
HQ Hydra 350

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio