Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: EJECTED...!!!
kiteetik

Mood: apogee reached

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cheezycheese
Yeah, I'm with you all in the opinion of bartering for my fun. I'm not afraid of a little work. I'm also pretty sure this was just a case of the hate patrol coming at me with a little power trip thrown in. I have in the past made several attempts to get permission. I have left my number with whomever I have seen on the property in the hopes it would be forwarded to the owner. But nothing.... So I figured if I just start flying then maybe someone would approach me. I just wasn't expecting the hostility that I received. If it weren't for the fact that I was wrong for being there his approach could easily been considered provoking... However I know how to pick and choose my battles. And there's no glory in arguing with the low man on the pole. I just couldn't help myself any longer. This spot is the first thing I see every day when I get off the parkway... Talk about temptation. Most of the time it's overgrown and unridable but they cut it in the fall and that was it... My first run across that field was like WOW!!!!
So I will approach this diplomatically and with kid gloves and see what happens...
dont take it personally--there are great people everywhere, and also everywhere, unfortunmately, are the buttheads---just remember--living well is the best revenge and that starts with keeping your fav spot!
cheezycheese
Posting Freak

Mood: Ready for action !!!

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 01:56 PM

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!!! :mad: Talk about sending a message.... The field was mowed this week, and they left a 2-3 foot thick perimeter wall of grass uncut. The grass is at least waist high already, and this "wall" surrounds any access point i had from the road..... Jeez :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

US888
PL- Aero v1 11m / Phantom 6/9/12/15/18
Ozone Chrono v2 9m
Liquid Force Elite 6.5m
Flysurfer - Peak 3 4m
PKD - Century 2.5m, Soulfly 3.5m
Ted's Profoil-1m/3.5m
Custom NABX Rev
GT Rapide V/VTT-XR+ Special
flyguy0101
Posting Freak

Mood: Never to old to play, but failing to play will make you old!

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 04:15 PM

Marc,
Did you ever have any success contacting the owner, I recently was approached by a neighbor when heading out fishing on a private access- he was very confrontational until i explained that the owner had given me permission and he saw that i was carrying a garbage bag to pick up some trash that i had seen there the last time i was there. Immediately changed his tune, but like someone else said i do NOT take friends there because i dont want it to become an issue. Now on the flip side i am one of those pain in the ass landowners- we have a cabin on a small river that we had to post- i orginally had given a couple of neighbor teenagers the okay to fish when we were not there and it quickly turned into people using our Driveway as a parking lot to get to the river- so for the last two years I have unfortunetly told everyone who asks no even though i am sure some of them would have been okay. I suspect that in a year or two, i might say yes again to someone if they approach me but will explain it is for them only and if others show up offer would be recinded. Also for what it is worth i actually have been sending/delivering a small token of appreciation in the spring and christmas as a way to say thank you.
scott

TEAMRIDER for Coastal Wind Sportsand Trampa mtn boards
www.trampaboards.com

My rides- Flexi buggy and Trampa mtn board
My engines-
HQ Scout 2m , 4m
Flexi Rage 3.5 & 4.7
PL Arcs- 10m Venom 1, 13m, 19m Venom II, 15m Charger2
Kamikuza
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 29-5-2011 at 05:22 PM

That sucks :( funny thing is, you get the same response from caretakers here - caretakers of public tax-funded state-run parks :o

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
austexblo

Mood: Ummm. Hmmm. Wellll.

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 07:47 AM

Ya know, it is paramount that the landowner is on our side! I own a few properties around the country, and even though I fly paragliders, I would be pissed to find people using my land without my permission! Paragliding, in the early days, had to deal with the same thing. Lesson number 1. Always be respectful and patient with the land owner, cos' in reality, it is his/her private property, not our personal playground.
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 10:20 AM

I know this is an old thread . I looked it through and see that My #1 reason for being shut out by land owners was Liability . It didn't seem to be addressed ?

Now that we have NAPKA if the land owner has liability issues you can join up and get a certificate of insurance for the site. Even if you are holding a practice event and only 1 shows up . One more tool for winning over land owners ! :cool2:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
austexblo

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 11:31 AM

Great news! It is much easier to deal with the general population's image of Kiting, clearly and professionally. This will enhance the reputation of kiters everywhere, and hopefully prod landowners to see for themselves how this sport works. Also, knowing there is a reputable release form from ANY liabilities, will put people's mind at rest. Sorry this was such a long ramble.
austexblo

[*] posted on 6-4-2013 at 11:31 AM

Great news! It is much easier to deal with the general population's image of Kiting, clearly and professionally. This will enhance the reputation of kiters everywhere, and hopefully prod landowners to see for themselves how this sport works. Also, knowing there is a reputable release form from ANY liabilities, will put people's mind at rest. Sorry this was such a long ramble.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio