Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Birth of a kiteboarder!
macboy
Posting Freak

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 15-6-2011 at 10:20 PM
Birth of a kiteboarder!

Okay, I guess the birth happens when you get the gear and dip a toe in the water but today, while Vancouver was struggling I was LOCKING IT IN!

Can't say the transitions were the best - I was batting a 5% average to be honest - but I can say upwind has been folded up nicely and tucked into the front flap of the bag for a bit more refinement next time after which I'll put it in the kite kloset for good!

Not the best surroundings for the learning curve.....although it was good and shallow it was....well.....holy dry docks batman! The map is barely exaggerated if at all.....had to learn the "Full and Immediate Stop" once....on one of my best reaches upwind of the day. Happily it was followed by some solid ground maintaining riding switch WHILE weaving between two dry docks and an anchored SeaDoo.

V13, FLyDoor M and 24-28 km/h of nice clean winds. A bit on the underpowered side but prob good 'cuz the kite wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time a few times :lol:

As soon as I dried off I enjoyed one of the best beers yet.

Cluster.jpg - 191kB

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
arkay
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-6-2011 at 10:29 PM

Sweet... you'd be surprised how much you probably weren't underpowered. build up speed down wind then turn and rock upwind and I bet you'll be flying... specially on the door.

I was out on my 9m last weekend and was underpowered so I chose to do mini downwinders to build speed and carry it back up wind. In all after about 4hours I think I lost about .5 mile. the week before I was severely overpowered on the 12m.. checked the wind when I got home and it was 28g33. :o

US503 - Manzanita, Oregon

Fixed Bridal: Flexifoil Sting 1.2, 1.7; Rage Acid 2.5m, 3.5m, 4.7m, 6m | Peter Lynn Vapor 11.2m, 16.1m | NPW 7m
Depower : Peter Lynn Venom 2 13m, 16m, 19m | Peter Lynn Phantom 15m | Flysurfer 2.5 SA 19m
LEI : Flexifoil Atom 7m, 9m, 12m; Mutiny 8m
Land rides : Libre Hardcore; Libre v-max; Peter Lynn XR+W | Rollerblade Coyotes! | Ground Industries AK Pro
Water rides : Slingshot Misfit 134; Ocean Rodeo Mako 150; North WAM! 5\'10

4 Sale/Trade: HQ M1 5m, Flysurfer Pulse 10, PL Venom 2 16m, PL Venom 19m

shaggs2riches
Posting Freak

Mood: low winds here I come

[*] posted on 15-6-2011 at 10:31 PM

Very nice work man:thumbup: This will be a day that you'll remember. Did that door help out quite a bit. I'd imagine it would have been a blessing in the lulls we are famous for.:wee:

what I fly/ride:
19m Flysurfer Speed 2 SA
12m Flysurfer Speed2
6m Ozone access xt
1.5m Ozone imp trainer
144cm Airush Switch
152cm lib tech skate banana
MBS Pro 90
Jereme Leafe Pro 95

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio