Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ocean city 4 day trip
md2pigeon

Mood: In Search of wind!

[*] posted on 14-7-2011 at 03:08 AM
Ocean city 4 day trip

hey guys ill be heading to ocean city, md for 4 days starting today. anyone hangout around there? or know of any good spots for a newbie to get some water time?

FONE Bandit 10m
OZONE Zephyr 17m
HQ Hydra 300
Crazyfly Allaround 138x43
Frathouse

[*] posted on 14-7-2011 at 04:21 AM

Best place for new riders in that area is to head north to dewey beach and ride sound side at "new road" park. The water is shallow and the launch area is not difficult to use. If you can stay up wind Assategue island national park is great. Just stay out of the swimming area on the sound side if anyone is around. The water can be in areas is very deep so its not the best spot for beginners. Both spots work good on south winds. New road is at its very best on south west winds.

hope that helps
Brad

Scout 3m
Flysurfer Pyscho 4 8m
Flysurfer Speed 3 12m

2012 North Rebel 8m,10m, and 13m
Xenon Rayo 134cm
FlyDoor XL 170x50
Liquid force 5\'10\" quad fin surf board
MBS comp90
ragden
Posting Freak

Mood: ready to ride...

[*] posted on 14-7-2011 at 04:39 AM

Frathouse hit the nail on the head. Go to New Road unless you are confidently able to track upwind... To get there, just head straight up highway 1. It'll be on your left. There is a sign for sailing or something like that. Its a small dirt parking lot. If there is wind, you'll see the kites...
:)

edit: Winds this weekend dont look so hot. Sorry dude.
Today is blowing NW, so you could head up to Comfort Point. Take highway one north into Rohoboth. You'll see signs for Cape Henlopen state park eventually. Or you can just take route 268 when you see the signs. After you cross the bridge, hang a right, and follow the road right into the park.

Once you pay, take the very first left you see... It will look like the road is leading OUT of the park, stay to the right. The road will loop back into the park. Then just follow it until you pass the observation tower on your left. Then you will see a little parking lot at the end. Park there. Walk the path to the north which will lead back west. Small stretch of land there...

Its a nice little spot to ride. If the tide is high, water gets deep quick. On a low tide, its shallow for a good distance. Hope you have a good one. Wish I could be there...

Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DELUXE
Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
Spleene (Monster) Door 164x50 (for sale?)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132
md2pigeon

[*] posted on 14-7-2011 at 06:31 PM

Brad/ragden

Thanks for all the great info but unfortunetly the only kite flying I got in today was on the small trainers with friends (non kiters) who came with me...this weekend might be a scrub while I'm here but at least now I know

Thanks!

FONE Bandit 10m
OZONE Zephyr 17m
HQ Hydra 300
md2pigeon

[*] posted on 17-7-2011 at 01:35 PM

so i went out on saturday to the new road spot and honestly didnt expect to do much. I was the only kiter at the beach which i thought was a bad sign but i said what the hell. I unpacked and went out into the water only to comee back in and tangle all of my lines for the first time.... by the time i untangled everything and was ready to go again three other guys had shown up and started to pump kites. The wind steadily picked up and more kiters arrived. I got some body dragging in and almost made it up on the board but the wind got very gusty but im totally happy with the experience i got it cant thank you guys enough for the awesome spot

FONE Bandit 10m
OZONE Zephyr 17m
HQ Hydra 300
ragden
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-7-2011 at 04:22 AM

Nice... Wind predictions for Saturday did NOT look to promising. However, I'm glad to hear you got a chance to get some flying (and almost riding) in. Congrats. Maybe we'll see you riding with us next time you make it down this way.

Curious, how was Sunday for you?

Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132
md2pigeon

[*] posted on 18-7-2011 at 05:16 AM

I actually didnt get a chance to get out on sunday....i was staying in ocean city with friends and we headed home that day. Hopefully i will be back up that way in a few weeks or so. Ill hit you up next time im up there maybe i can even get some pointers haha:bouncy:

FONE Bandit 10m
OZONE Zephyr 17m
HQ Hydra 300
ragden
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 18-7-2011 at 05:40 AM

Sounds good...
:)

Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio